Arrrrrrgh my seats ripped!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gobsheite01, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Gobsheite01

Gobsheite01 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes c220
    Arrrrrrgh my seats ripped!

[​IMG]

When I bought my shiny gold Merc about 2 years ago it was in "as new" condition apart from a small tear in the driver's seat, well not to a tear but the stitching and started to come Undone
    I said I would buy the car if they fix the seat and they fixed it and here we are two years on and it's starting to tear again

Is this a problem with Mercedes seats and more importantly where could I get it fixed forever and ever amen I live in Loughborough Leicestershire

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

2. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    d:class, finest there is. Bit of a drive but if you want the best....

3. poormansporsche

poormansporsche Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W209
    Any local trim shop should be able to sort that, Over time leather stretches and im sure they could pull that in and restitch along the whole line without changing the leather. I had exactly the same on a bolster once and once the repair was done you would never know and my tear was a good half inch in !

4. OP
    OP
    Gobsheite01

Gobsheite01 New Member

Car:
    Mercedes c220
    Did speak to an upholstery who says he's done hundreds and Mercedes and it's a common problem and it's not leather and if he cannot do a permanent repair
    he says the start material dries out and keeps cracking he says it's a constant problem
    Thought I would post to the Mercedes forum to see whether it is a known issue and whether there is a permanent cure but it seems to me like no here as heard of it

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

5. Delayed Steve

Delayed Steve Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2016 C200 coupe
    Is it leather or artico?

6. MancMike

MancMike New Member

It's artico, pretend leather.

Mine ripped in exactly the same place, but mine is worse.

7. reflexboy

reflexboy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
    The seat in my Dads C class did the same. He has Alpaca grey artico too. A very common problem it would appear. It's not actually the stitching coming apart. It's the Artico tearing as the sticking pulls through it. I know as I removed the base section of the seat to see what was going on. Where that line of the tear is, is actually one piece of artico stitched across and through to the wadding and base layer underneath. As it's pulled through the artico there is not enough slack in the artico to re stitch it. D Class actually wanted £250 to fix it. I bought a new seat base cover from MB Oxford for £190 and re-covered the base myself. That really is the best if not the only solution I'm afraid

8. b1g1an

b1g1an Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Thug in a silk dressing gown
    They may well have done the stitching too tight and too small which would cut through the leather with you bouncing up and down on it.