Artico/Dinamica wear & tear...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vroom

Car
W204
I've had my 2013 C-Class with the Artico/Dinamica seats for about 5 weeks now.

Just general use - 5 days commuting to and from work (60 mins per day combined) plus general farting about at the weekends - I've done about 1600 miles in 5 weeks.

About 3 weeks ago I noted a small tear on the edge of the leatherette where it meets the stitching/dinamica - it's about 1cm long. This is directly under where my wallet sits in my back pocket. It's not a deep rip, just the top layer of the leatherette exposing the material it's bonded to underneath.

It's not particularly noticeable to anyone but me - but I know it's there and so am now constantly noticing it and am aware of it when I'm shifting in my seat, plus it's only going to get bigger over time.

I have a one year warranty on my car from when I bought it - my question is will this be fixable under warranty or is it just considered general wear & tear? I'd think that 5 weeks and 1600 miles isn't considered a huge amount of wear on the seats. If it is fixable under warranty, am I best waiting until near the end of the warranty to get any further ripping that might occur out of the way so it's just on larger rip rather than a small one that can re-occur once it's been fixed?

I'd post a couple of pics but don't know how to.

Cheers all.

It's wear and tear isn't it

They'll just say that if your wallet wasn't in that pocket it wouldn't have happened so ultimately user error (and I know you're not going to say about your wallet thing but they'll know)

A replacement base cover is approx £250/£300 so wait till the rip gets bigger

Cracking Artcio is a known issue and there are a couple of threads on the forum on the subject. If within warranty the seat base will be recovered FOC.

Hello all, just resurrecting this thread.

Over the last year the original small tear has now grown into a larger tear a couple of inches long and its the only thing on the car that isn't in tip top shape and so it stands out and draws my attention every time.

The car is now a couple of months outside warranty so I'll be having to pay for the seat base cover to be replaced - is my best bet to go through the dealer or go independent?

Cheers all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom