Artico to Leather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Kenny,I've been looking for a complete set but do you know if the A/G seats are the same as in the sport?
Tom

Being a bit of a noob to MB then the short answer is no i dont know for certain but if you mean will the Sports seats physically fit into the A/G then i dont see the factory making different mounts in the floor pan to accomodate different trim levels so i would think they would fit.

They Avantgarde won't fit the Sport, the side bolsters are deeper in the Sport.

I know because I was going to do exactly the same...

I've found a donor set of seats in black leather which are only half electric,I've been told that I can swap the parts needed from my seats to make them full electric,does anyone know if this can be done or will I regret it should I choose to buy them?
Thanks Tom.

Sounds tricky, if that were me, I would hold out for sourcing exactly what you want.

Your'e right and it's worse than tricky,I just found some on ebay which look the same as I've been offered and I noticed that the switches are on the side of the seats so it's a no no.

Does anyone know if the seat based can be removed on its own? ie the Base of the seat which has a crack in it in my photos in the posts above? Which once removed would leave seat frame visible at base

Does anyone know if the seat based can be removed on its own? ie the Base of the seat which has a crack in it in my photos in the posts above? Which once removed would leave seat frame visible at base

Mine has cracked in exactly the same place + the backrest bolster has also started! Been quoted £250 to repair both in NW London.

Pretty sure the base can be removed but you need to take the seat out to remove the trim + lugs holding it in.

Surely MB should fix this FOC. Have you tried them?

My car is almost 7 years old so I think MB wouldn't want to know.

Yeah mines hitting 9 yr old so in same boat

Does anyone dislike Artico enough to replace it with leather? I've been looking into it recently and so far it's going to cost 1.5k to do the seats,add nappa and a few bits and pieces and I'm up to 2.5k. I realise that if I do it I'll never get the money back should I sell the car,I just wondered what you guys thought?

Just have a hunt round the breakers and get a full leather interior from another car .

Just have a hunt round the breakers and get a full leather interior from another car .
I've been trying but for 1 reason or another they haven't been suitable,one guy tried to sell me a complete Artico interior,lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom