ASAP HELP Required Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hello, taken delivery of the 07 plate c180k Avantgarde.

The engine compartment, the gap beetwee the wings & bonnet is uneven but I'm certain ihad rubber strips fitted to the wings to reduce water going into the engine bay.

The car i taken delivery on has not rubber strip fitted to the wings - is this usual for the face lift version?
Any goo w203 07 plate engine bay pics?

Why not go back to the dealership and ask to look under the bonnet of a similar model?

That will at least give you instant peace of mind, or you will know something is wrong :)

Regards
John

I have opened the bonnet on my 2004 W203 facelift model and can confirm that there are rubber strips fitted on the wings, which I guess prevent water from entering the engine compartment.

Of course yours is a 2007 model and MB may have changed the design.

HTH

Just checked my 2005 model and it has rubber strips closing the gap between bonnet and wings...

Yes it should have them, but then that begs the question.....why have they been removed?

Thank you all - the dealer is far away.

I've seen a 2006 & 2007 on Ebay, one a main dealer car, both do not hve rubber strips & both are silver so it is easy to see. The wings have little holes where assume the rubbers would fit.

Has anyone got a 2007 car ----- I am a bit worried - just been checking to the best of my ability & appear not to had a fnt end crash.

Thanks all but more hep apprieciated.

Where are you.?
A paint gauge will show any repair work.

If local to me you can use mine, otherwise pop into your local dealer/bodyshop and ask them to measure the paint.

Where are you.?
A paint gauge will show any repair work.

If local to me you can use mine, otherwise pop into your local dealer/bodyshop and ask them to measure the paint.

Hello

SE10 is where i live.

The guy that sold me thecar is away but colleage has gone out to like at a 55 plate.

The funny thing is tha allC class versions up to 55 & some 56plates have the rubber & then some 56& al o7 ones I've seen on ebay do not:confused:

Cheers for the offer.

I think you live down the south coast?

I'm further North than you. I would call by a dealer bodyshop. They will measure the paint, no problem.

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom