Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitey

Car
Seat Arosa 1.4 Auto :-(
Guys

Anyone been to an Ascot raceday ? (not Royal Ascot).

I will be going to a beer festival next month as a Premier entrant, just wondering how strict these codes are ?

Of course, I will be wearing, shirt, trousers, shoes and be looking my best - but I am no clothes lover and do not have a complete suit.

I'm just wondering how strict they really are ?

Chris

Ascot blurb :

Premier Admission Dress Code
Both ladies and gentlemen are asked to dress in a manner appropriate to a smart occasion. Many gentlemen wear a shirt and tie with a jacket or suit. Please note that blue jeans, shorts, t-shirts and sports attire (including football and rugby shirts, sweatshirts and trainers) are not permitted.

Guys

Anyone been to an Ascot raceday ? (not Royal Ascot).

I will be going to a beer festival next month as a Premier entrant, just wondering how strict these codes are ?

Of course, I will be wearing, shirt, trousers, shoes and be looking my best - but I am no clothes lover and do not have a complete suit.

I'm just wondering how strict they really are ?

Chris

Ascot blurb :

Both ladies and gentlemen are asked to dress in a manner appropriate to a smart occasion. Many gentlemen wear a shirt and tie with a jacket or suit. Please note that blue jeans, shorts, t-shirts and sports attire (including football and rugby shirts, sweatshirts and trainers) are not permitted.

Since they've gone to the trouble of publishing a dress code I would advise you to follow it or face potential embarrassment.

I realise this, but does it mean shelling out £000s on clothing ?

I was going to dress the same as I would for a smart wedding reception.

I fear I am just over thinking about this.

A blazer or smart jacket with trousers, shirt and tie would be quite acceptable.

Don't wear brown shoes with blue/black/grey trousers. I'm still not aware of when this became acceptable.

I realise this, but does it mean shelling out £000s on clothing ?

I was going to dress the same as I would for a smart wedding reception.

I fear I am just over thinking about this.

They won't be checking labels, if that's what you mean. :)

No, seriously, just make sure you wear what's recommended and that it doesn't look like you got dressed in the dark. They key thing at these events (for men, at least) is not to stick out like a sore thumb.

Right:

images

Wrong:

ultimate-chav-costume-24513-45614_zoom.jpg

Hope this helps.

Don,t dress like this - The police will have to take you away !!!!

Last edited:
Wear a pair of blinkers and a sheepskin noseband and you'll be fine.

It's a beer festival. I thought the only dress code was ill-fitting jeans, a T shirt that doesn't cover the beer belly with a logo full of double entendre or just plain beer related adolescent smut.

Ascot & HRR are both less than 10 miles away from me & I used to attend both pretty regularly.

I haven't bothered going to either for several years now because they've changed so much. They actually allow oiks in now!

I did suggest to one of the muckey-mucks at Henley that they set up road blocks around the town & conduct accent checks, but I'm afraid my suggestion fell on stony ground.

Last edited:
000C3575-5C96-1BEA-B3BA80BFB6FA0377.jpg

Perfectly dressed for a beer festival:D

Ascot blurb :

I went to Goodwood earlier this year (gee gees, not cars) and I wore a standard suit and had no issues.

I would think it would be the same bill of fair there and if you went attired for a smart wedding reception, as you say, you should be OK (unless you are talking a Big Fat Gypsy Wedding :D)...

Looks like Goodwood was - great fun...

Coupled with women becoming less and less bothered about behaving...

:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom