Asda fuel mix-up hits Birmingham motorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I guess anyone can make a mistake but some companies seem to make a habit of it ... Tesco have had a couple of these incidents within the last year or so IIRC. May be down to the checks/processes employed (or not) - e.g. I don't recall it ever having happened at Sainsburys.

If they made the filling nozzles for the tanks different shapes this couldn't happen. A combination of lack of concentration, lack of foresight and bad design.

In fact it would be a good idea to do this on cars as well, though it wouldn't now be practical to retro fit.

If they made the filling nozzles for the tanks different shapes this couldn't happen. A combination of lack of concentration, lack of foresight and bad design.

In fact it would be a good idea to do this on cars as well, though it wouldn't now be practical to retro fit.

I doubt that misfuelling the tanks happens often enough to make a redesign practical.

Ford did it years ago. I had a 60 plate Mondeo diesel that could not take a petrol nozzle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom