Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EuroCarParts

Authorised Forum Sponsor
Car
European
Hi Guys,

Since we don't have a specific forum, i dont think theres any harm in posting here (as we're not trying to sell stuff :p )

We are going to trial a new service called 'ASK THE EXPERT' - Each Week will have a different Subject, answered by a different expert.

To kick things off, this weeks topic is everything BRAKE related!

You can email your question to [email protected] between FRIDAY 7th and Friday 14th - We will have them answered by an EXPERT from PAGID Brakes - The Q&A will then be posted online, and if we feature your question you'll win some PAGID goodies!

So, What are you waiting for....... Ask The Expert!

:)

Please don't take this the wrong way , but if i want to ask an expert , i'll ask one of the resident indys on here ( Olly et al )

Hi Howard,

This also gives the independents (our customers as well) the chance to bring up any queries - it might not be a technical question, but more product related, we're have a few garages email questions like 'When will Pagid release pads for xx vehicle to the after market, as they are sick of buying from the dealer'' or address issues they may have with a particular item.

Hi ECP , i changed my post when i read it properly and realised that it would be a proper expert answering questions and not a generic ECP employee. :)

Why does fitting bigger brakes make a car slower when so many people believe it makes it faster?

unsprung mass.

Bigger brakes can help with brake feel though.......more for track than road applications.

Hi ECP , i changed my post when i read it properly and realised that it would be a proper expert answering questions and not a generic ECP employee. :)
Ahhhh I thought it was my browser playing up :) Glad you approve of the idea, :p

As for generic, there's only been one ECP employee on here, ME :)

@Diesel man - that doesn't make sense to me, ill pass it on however :)

Hi ECP

i Have a E220 CDI 2002 W210.
I have to change both front & rear discs and pads some time soon.
Which pads create the least dust?
Can you recommend a set to do the job?

Many thanks

Steve

Same here, I have a e280 cdi estate which will need front disc and pads. Any recommendations? Oem or aftermarket?

Hi Guys,

Since we don't have a specific forum, i dont think theres any harm in posting here (as we're not trying to sell stuff :p )

We are going to trial a new service called 'ASK THE EXPERT' - Each Week will have a different Subject, answered by a different expert.

To kick things off, this weeks topic is everything BRAKE related!

You can email your question to [email protected] between FRIDAY 7th and Friday 14th - We will have them answered by an EXPERT from PAGID Brakes - The Q&A will then be posted online, and if we feature your question you'll win some PAGID goodies!

So, What are you waiting for....... Ask The Expert!

Probably not a question for your Pagid man , but why do you seem to be running down your stock of ATE brake parts ?

You used to list ATE discs and pads on your website for my various cars ( currently W126 and W124 ) and generally had them in stock - but , alas , not these days .

The ATE website still lists yourselves as my local stockist .

I prefer ATE to Pagid etc .

Here's one, why don't ecp sell the fitting kits (Springs / pins)for w124 brakes. I got the discs and pads from you but have now got to go elsewhere, probably main dealer, to get everything else to finish the job.

Probably not a question for your Pagid man , but why do you seem to be running down your stock of ATE brake parts ?

You used to list ATE discs and pads on your website for my various cars ( currently W126 and W124 ) and generally had them in stock - but , alas , not these days .

The ATE website still lists yourselves as my local stockist .

I prefer ATE to Pagid etc .

I guess they are now in bed with Pagid, so no longer stocking ATE.

Hi ECP

i Have a E220 CDI 2002 W210.
I have to change both front & rear discs and pads some time soon.
Which pads create the least dust?
Can you recommend a set to do the job?

Many thanks

Steve

Lets see if they recommend anything other than Pagid?

Lets see if they recommend anything other than Pagid?

Although Pagid is exclusive to ECP, we are still a massive stockist of ATE - simply because we supply some large customers who will only buy ATE.

Regarding the missing ATE pads for your car - maybe we have discontinued them due to poor sales? Drop me a PM with the pagid part number, and I can see the ATE equiv, and if we still have it in stock.

If you don't mind, can we keep the questions technical, as Pagid won't be able to answer non-technical questions :)

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me, or post in the Parts forum
:) I think everybody knows that I'll happily answer any question you ask, as long as you arn't having a dig at us :)

Patrick

Pagid are a decent brand, used on several sports cars. I guess that's not of much interest to most MB drivers, but as long as the price is right.......

Nice to see a name Patrick. I must say you have the patience of Jobe at times.

Being fair, He does, but it's fairly obvious what is going to happen with an offer like this.

Someone will ask a fairly lightweight question about what pads to use, etc and the Pagid expert will recommend a suitable Pagid product.

Sorry to sound cynical.

The problem isn't really the offer from Patrick, but that the type of questions will be basic, product related questions as opposed to in depth technical questions.

I know, I'm meant to just jump on the hooray bandwagon....:doh:

How about this as a question.

Some of our members like to upgrade their brakes to callipers with more pistons and pad area.
What will be the brake balance effect of such a modification, will the car actually have any greater stopping ability or might it be less due to increasing the front wheel braking at the detriment of rear wheel braking.

@Diesel Man - we will only be able to choose 10 or so 'interesting' questions, and believe it or not 2 of them are already along the lines of yours, I think that's an ideal question.

Let's face it, if the questions were cherry picked , just to promote a brand, this would be pointless.

Another interesting one I've seen come in, is asking about the difference between standard, dimpled and drilled discs....

As long as this gets interest (and over 40 different questions so far looks good) then we will also have a Q&A with a member of the technical team from Bosch, H&R, EBC, K&N lined up :D

So, remember to email them in to [email protected] and hopefully we'll get them answered :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom