ASR Light Coming On

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

n3thn

Since I put my 18" alloys on every know and again under accelerarion the ASR light appears on the dash and flashes for a few seconds then goes out, anyone any ideas please ???
Could this be down to the wheels

Thanks Jon

Originally posted by n3thn
...every know and again under accelerarion the ASR light appears on the dash
Lol if it's only every now and again you're not driving it properly!

It is telling you that one or more of the wheels is rotating faster than the others (slipping) and that it is taking measures to stop this, although you should also try adjusting your driving to suit the road conditions. So the manual says anyway :)

To be honest I'm not driving it any differently than I normally do, also since putting the new wheels on the cruise will not work above 70 mph, never had this problem either, any ideas ??

Originally posted by n3thn
To be honest I'm not driving it any differently than I normally do, also since putting the new wheels on the cruise will not work above 70 mph, never had this problem either, any ideas ??
Now, that *is* odd, I have used cruise at over 140mph (autobahn :D ). If you think about it, there was more "give" in your previous wheels/tyres combo because of the extra rubber, now you have less rubber to stretch and give the wheels will drag the tyres away from grip more easily. Still doesn't explain the cruise control thing though! :eek:

Tyre wear by chance?

If the tyre wear & or design is appreciably different on different tyres of the car I believe it can cause these symptoms.

Just a thought anyway!

Either your wheels are different sizes or you knocked a sensor off the hub when fitting the wheels. Check the sensor mountings.

I have noticed that the MB cruise control is particularly sensitive and will often knock itself off when it hits a bump. Now you've hardened up the ride those bumps at 70+ will be more aggresive and may be exaggerating this.

And echo what Shude says, the ASR is there to be used :D not too much of a killjoy either, it allows a fair bit of slide and squeal before smacking your wrists

Cheers
Andy

Thanks guys, have since found that I did knock off one of the sensors, thanks for the advice guys.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom