ASR symbol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fledgling

Car
Mercedes Sprinter 313 CDI
On my Mercedes Sprinter the symbol (An exclamation mark inside a triangle) came up and has now vanished. I understand that means ASR. Does anyone know what this means and what could/should I do about it ? Cheers from a new purchaser.

ASP/ESP is traction control.
If you lit it up on your Sprinter, well done!
It's just a warning for when one, or both wheels lose traction, usually because of too much right foot on a damp road

Thanks for the pointer linking the ASP/ESP to Traction Control . Nothing like a bit of reassurance for a mechanical novice! Much appreciated.

Actually the Sprinter specifically has a secondary system in addition to ESP, called ASR.

It is the method the Sprinter uses to emulate a limited slip diff. So it activates the brakes on the rear axle wheels only, to try to get you out of a wheel-up situation or similar.

Its similar to 4matic but its only for the rear axle and only in certain low speed low grip situatuons.

Sprinters also have ESP which is for general stability control. Both sysyems will show the yellow triangle of doom.

Actually the Sprinter specifically has a secondary system in addition to ESP, called ASR.

It is the method the Sprinter uses to emulate a limited slip diff. So it activates the brakes on the rear axle wheels only, to try to get you out of a wheel-up situation or similar.

Its similar to 4matic but its only for the rear axle and only in certain low speed low grip situatuons.

Sprinters also have ESP which is for general stability control. Both sysyems will show the yellow triangle of doom.
Thanks for that. The symbol appeared when I was climbing/descending a very steep gradient at very low speed. I'm learning all the time. Very useful to know and cheers again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom