ASSYST computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gklau

Car
C180K Avantagarde SE
I'm coming up to my first service for my W203 (service A), and my ASSYST computer says I have 300 miles left.

Does anyone know what happens if you overrun the ASSYST computer? (ie if I drive 400 miles before bringing it in to be serviced)

More importantly, will it invalidate your warranty if you do overrun the servicing intervals? :eek:

It will count into a minus number. Don't know about the warranty.

If they work it like a previous warranty I had - yes - go over your service interval and if anything happens before you get it serviced - you're stuffed! If however you arrange it with them beforehand - it prob won't be a problem. We had this with the Voyager. It had a service due and with our commitments and the garage - we missed the service by a couple of hundred miles, but they knew about it so all was well.

But that's the beauty of ASSYST - you have plenty of time to plan it in. :D

PS - at the rate mine's going - the car will be about 17 months old before it asks for it's first service :bannana:

pammy said:
PS - at the rate mine's going - the car will be about 17 months old before it asks for it's first service :bannana:

PPS - at the rate mines going - it will be another two years before it asks for its first service - and somebody else's problem then ;) :bannana: :bannana:

Portzy :D

PPPS. Good holiday Pammy?

portzy said:
PPPS. Good holiday Pammy?

Fabby thanks :D Saw only three SLK's the whole time - only one of them a new 'un - 200 :eek:

My previous cars which used standard servicing at set mileages I could squeeze in an extra oil change, e.g. if it was every 10,000 I might do an oil change at 5,000 to introduce some fresh oil for about £10 oil and £2.99 filter.

However presumably if I do this with an ASSYT system it will screw up the interval as the engine monitors the quality of the engine oil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom