Assyst Intervals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baron_Samedi

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK200K
Are Assyst intervals preset by the service technician?

Or are they dependent (like VW Longlife) on the driving habits of the owner?

I believe it depends on how the technician resets it at service time whether it counts down dynamically, dependent on how much motorway and town driving you do, or whether it counts down mile by mile. The former should be set up if they use synthetic oil, the latter if not.

If you believe the guy who sold my car to me, yes the service interval is adaptive.

When I looked at the service booklet and asked why first service was 20,000 and the second 40,000. That was the answer.

The same guy also failed to tell me the car was originally sold and owned in Barbados!

Days after I drove away I saw the recommended service intervals in the manual and thought... oh $hit.... It has been a concern ever since!

I'm now left with acute expensive repair phobia! :crazy:

Cool info gents!

So, a roughly 12k interval between services indicate that the car has been using non-synthetic oil... interesting!

Cheers

Gary

Fixed service intervals are 10k, so for a 12k interval I would assume synthetic oil. I get about 12-14k intervals using synthetic oil and mostly motorway driving.

Last edited:
Some more info here :)

Ok, so we now know that our cars are craftier than a bag of monkeys.

Unfortunately it means that the monkeys hired by MB dealerships have plenty of scope to mess up.

Thanks for that Whitenemesis, I now know that the issue is very dependent on how the vehicle is used :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom