ASSYST message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Car is just coming up for one year old. ASSYST shows 5277 miles to next service (C).

Horror! One Malfunction shown!

This turns out to be " Main Inspection performed on time?" which now pops up in the display each time I get in the car.

What is going on here?

Satch said:
Car is just coming up for one year old. ASSYST shows 5277 miles to next service (C).

Horror! One Malfunction shown!

This turns out to be " Main Inspection performed on time?" which now pops up in the display each time I get in the car.

What is going on here?

How strange??? :confused:

Have you reset it by pressing the reset button on the dash?

Or have you been delving into the functions butttons?? :confused:

One year

Satch said:
Car is just coming up for one year old. Main Inspection performed on time?"

It means that you should perform the inspection and/or service due to the 1 year interval between the services.

Either miles or time between service.

markku said:
It means that you should perform the inspection and/or service due to the 1 year interval between the services.

Either miles or time between service.

In the Service menu it also tell me I have +227 days until next service. So now I am confused.

What is the point of an "active" service indicator system if it defaults to a one year period?

I assume it wants to be checked once a year, but not necessarily serviced at the same time.

The servicing schedule is programmed flag up at either 10,000miles (plus or minus depending on your driving) or 2 years whatever comes first.

I would phone the dealers and they should interrogate the management system under warranty.

My first service was 19 months fropm new at 24000 miles or thereabouts. I didn't get the anniversary reminder...............I rang the dealer at 12 months to be certain and they said follow assyst.

I'd ring the dealer.

Marc

marc777 said:
My first service was 19 months fropm new at 24000 miles or thereabouts. I didn't get the anniversary reminder...............I rang the dealer at 12 months to be certain and they said follow assyst.

I'd ring the dealer.

Marc

Mine was at 19000 miles and no other reminder either. :confused:

I would deffo ring the dealer - if only to put on record that you have checked it out and then followed the advice given by them. You never know what might crop up on the future! ;)

Spoke to MB and after a bit of head scratching I am told it is just a "service reminder" message which pops up at annual intervals and should go away after a while.

ASSYST indications should be followed although obviously I could have the vehicle serviced earlier if I wished. Yes, thank you.

Obviously, like a plonker, when I started getting this message last week I phoned Mercedes rather tahn doing a search on the forum :eek:

When I phoned Merc the 2 people I spoke to had never heard of it and suggested booking it in to be checked. It went in today and they have just phoned me to say that the car is on it's way back to me. It is just an Assyst warning message apparently, although they told me it is to remind me that my next service (in 4000 miles) is a major one, hmm..... Actually the car is exactly one year old so that now makes sense.

"Will I be getting this message every time I get into the car for the next 2-3 months then?" I asked.

Yep.....

It's getting on my t1t$ after a week :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom