ASSYST PLUS - What are Additional Work Items?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeftBrain

Car
'03 E220 CDI, '85 300TD
Getting ready to tackle the E+ job myself. Service items 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 13, and 15 are due and that's easy, but where do I find the procedures for Additional work items that are also indicated i.e., 1, 3, 4, 6, EGA, General Insp., 9, 11, 12, 13. They're not listed in the service booklet. Where do you guys find that out? I can't find any reference to "additional work" items for this vintage anywhere.

Thanks,

form the van side of things its noramlly a oil and filter change plus a fuel filter and quick visaul check of the motor.

not sure if this is the same on car tho lol

Thanks to you both for your direction, EES site prints a sheet but really doesn't detail the info enough for a DIY'er like me. Still looking for procedures to go along with those additional work items from the ASSYST+.

Still hoping for some more detailed info on these additional work items. C'mon, don't tell me you all hand your keys over when it's time for service? :^)

Thanks Rory for your input. Your probably right, I'm just reading too much into it. Sure wish the european service booklets were avaiable like the US versions.

I am looking at ESS and it says "for AMG variants please check FIS guide within ESS". How can I find details on FIS?

Thanks,
Kamal

I am looking at ESS and it says "for AMG variants please check FIS guide within ESS". How can I find details on FIS?

Thanks,
Kamal

I've entered vehicle details for an AMG 204 and got a service sheet, no reference to FIS??

So when you get the service sheet there are two parts that can be further opened (drop down) for more details and it is mentioned in there - Fixed Interval Services (FIS). Added the pic for more info.

Attachments

• Mercedes-Benz ESS_1288724406570.jpeg
    Mercedes-Benz ESS_1288724406570.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 56
It's a bit obtuse, but is the reference to checking for AMG models because the FIS distance is lower? I thought it was 12,500 miles for AMG models.

Info on FIS

Last edited:
Good to see the FIS document, but what the blinkin heck does it tell me! Not a lot from what I can see. Someone please enlighten me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom