Aston Martin DB7 'barn find' project anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
DB7 GTS on CAT D, needs some good cash spending on it though and unless you plan on keeping it, will be worth less than most as it is CAT D. Good point is it only has 39k on the clock

Aston Martin DB7 GTS i6 Coupe - Price £8,995 | eBay

Chances of getting the correct bumpers and bonnet for that car I suspect would be impossible, so might be a case of getting what fits which sounds like what has happened already.

If I wasn't busy with a couple of other mad car projects I'd probably take a punt on that. There's a DB7 engine on ebay for £2k if you needed it to sort the overheated engine.

It'll never be one for the AM purists with incorrect wings, bumpers and CAT D marker.

If I wasn't busy with a couple of other mad car projects I'd probably take a punt on that. There's a DB7 engine on ebay for £2k if you needed it to sort the overheated engine.

It'll never be one for the AM purists with incorrect wings, bumpers and CAT D marker.

I thought exactly the same, engine rebuild should not be a problem and there are other AM units that will drop into that. It's the bodywork I thought may be the issue.

Having just bought the R8 if I took that on as well I'd be heading straight for the divorce courts :)

I like that. Good job I haven't got a spare £15k.
It always makes me laugh when I see "number plate will go back to original owner".
The reality is, if it isn't MOT'd, the number isn't going anywhere, and if the v5 gets transferred to the new owner, then any ownership rights to the number have gone...

That is a perfect example of a car that should be avoided at all costs

Nick Froome

That is a perfect example of a car that should be avoided at all costs

Yes but at least it's pretty to look at as it sits under a tarpaulin, it's life ebbing away.

I like that. Good job I haven't got a spare £15k.
It always makes me laugh when I see "number plate will go back to original owner".
The reality is, if it isn't MOT'd, the number isn't going anywhere, and if the v5 gets transferred to the new owner, then any ownership rights to the number have gone...

If you had a spare £15k you could buy one that works :D

Gents please .. I am mulling that over for myself ... Shhhhh ... Let's keep it quiet :)
Had I not just been shafted on the selling of my house would have bought it ...I know a money pit but really appeals.
I wanted a project and one of my fav cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom