Aston Martin Lagonda - How Rare?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lennox said:
It's an Alfa Romeo SZ I fancy.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love these

There are a further 61 on a SORN declaration and I would bet a fair few more amongst the 1500+ cars in the "Model Missing" section for Aston Martin.

I used to live next door to an Aston 'roving tech' and he came home in all manner of nice cars from the Aston marque....until the day he came home in one of those hideous things. He didn't have one single nice thing to say about it and after a quick glance inside, neither did I. A disgrace to the badge.

That new one looks nice....until you get past the B pillar.

A little detail from R M Clarke's excellent Aston Martin gold portfolio series 1972-1985

Attachments

• img157.jpg
    img157.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 28
  • img156.jpg
    img156.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 27

Apparently there are only 28 cars left:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=Aston+Martin+Lagonda+&commit=Search

...so what are the chances of two such cars popping-up in my neighbourhood, both parked on the same street, within 200 yards of each other? :confused:

AML.jpg

About the same as my buying my Rosso Red 190LE a few years back , then finding another one in the same colour in the local village 2 miles down the road , and I still see the other car in regular use . There were something like three or four hundred of these cars sold in the UK in each of the three colours , so can't be many Rosso Red 190LE's left now .

Last edited:
Not too dissimilar to this, but I suppose it's the differences that count

1200px-Ferrari_365_GT4_2%2B2_%282565525915%29.jpg

Mind you, the 400 wasn't Enzo's finest hour by some margin.

Love it or loathe it; I must say it does have massive road presence.

It is a BIG car. Very long, very wide, and very low.

It looks like a giant door wedge.

Love the Alfa SZ. My mate has a yellow cabrio that sits beside his Delta Evo2.
We used to call the Ferrari 400 a gentlemans Ferrari. Michael Winner had one.

I must be very old.

I rember the Lancia Fulvia Zagato....

Love the Alfa SZ. My mate has a yellow cabrio that sits beside his Delta Evo2.
We used to call the Ferrari 400 a gentlemans Ferrari. Michael Winner had one.

Tell your friend he needs one more friend!!! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Where's a statistician when you need one....

...so what are the chances of two such cars popping-up in my neighbourhood, both parked on the same street, within 200 yards of each other? :confused:

AML.jpg

Better than you'd think: it's all about one person owning two of them, rather than two separate people owning them by co-incidence. But I'm struggling to remember the statistical description

There's a road on Putney Heath where five interesting but rare Morris Minors live neatly parked in a row: a couple of very early vans, a convertible, a split window Mk1 and a normal four door.

There was a guy who lived near me in rural Kent who owned a De-Lorean and ran the DeLorean club (not sure which one). So in rural Kent with single lane roads, it was quite the sight to see a convoy of De-Lorean's (is that the plural?) coming down the road. This would always include one or two that were done out in full 'Back to the Future' stylee.

Two in the same street. Yep. Saudi embassy still have theee if them afaik. Loved it. And the Ferrari as well. "That isn't a proper Ferrari." Ok, show me yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom