Aston Martin Sales - where were they based?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
Question for our London-based members: can anyone remember whereabouts in Grosvenor Place Aston Martin Sales had their London showroom in the late 1970s/early 1980s (before they moved firstly to Sloane St and then to Cheval Place)?

I seem to recall it was at the junction with Chester Street, in the building that is now home to the Royal Bank of Scotland. Can anyone here confirm this?

There was one in St James Sg then it had David Brown & Aston Martin on the door as you exit onto Pall Mall and one in Brick St or Whitehorse St exiting into Piccadilly . They where the ones i use to drive past in the 70's

Last edited:
Not sure who exactly they are, but by Walton on Thames Bridge (town side ) is a large dealer

It's HWM who are in Walton. They're also an Alfa dealer. I walked past it only yesterday, Mrs. Strat said "Ooh, that's nice" at a DB9. I didn't get my hopes up though, £103k secondhand. They've also got one of the four-seaters on the forecourt. Looks rather splendid.

It's HWM who are in Walton. They're also an Alfa dealer. I walked past it only yesterday, Mrs. Strat said "Ooh, that's nice" at a DB9. I didn't get my hopes up though, £103k secondhand. They've also got one of the four-seaters on the forecourt. Looks rather splendid.

I will be seeing Mike Harting their Chairman tomorrow. Would you like me to mention your interest?

re: HWM - when I lived in Weybridge there was a rumour that HWM = Harry Webb Motors.. is this true?
(I am sure I don't need to expand on who Harry Webb is)

re: HWM - when I lived in Weybridge there was a rumour that HWM = Harry Webb Motors.. is this true?
(I am sure I don't need to expand on who Harry Webb is)

Sounds like an in-joke to me, bearing mind he was a famous Weybridge resident. HWM stands for Hersham and Weybridge Motors, an absolutely legendary name in motoring and, I believe, the oldest Aston Martin dealership around.

I will be seeing Mike Harting their Chairman tomorrow. Would you like me to mention your interest?

Only if you can get him to move the price one decimal place to the right ;)

Mocas - welcome back old chap! Harry Webb - who he? Does he live in the shadows??

Ah no - had my hopes raised for a moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom