Aston Martin shares

• Thread starter Deletedmember130310
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deletedmember130310

There will be a lot of unhappy investors, particularly those who bought in at the IPO at £19.00

I think it is scandalous that is was so overpriced - the share price fell dramatically when the full year results revealed a massive loss, in part due to the huge costs of the IPO. The CEO, Andy Palmer, has already had his wrists slapped for taking far too large a remuneration package

And now this:
Shares dive as Aston Martin cuts sales forecasts, down another 23% today, and now down c45% from launch

Russ Mould, investment director at AJ Bell, said: "Floating on the stock market can boost a company's reputation and provide an opportunity for the public to buy into the story. However, it can also expose a company to criticism from investors who are watching every move like a hawk.

"Aston Martin knows all about this situation as its share price has been in freefall since floating last year as investors questioned its aggressive growth plan and valuation.

"And now it's gone and done one of the worst things a newly-listed company can do in the first year of being on the stock market, namely issue a revenue warning.

"Its credibility could be shattered for some time as investors question if they can trust management to do what they said Aston Martin would do at the time of the IPO last October. The situation shows how vulnerable it is to a period of economic weakness.

"Management may now be wishing that the business was never floated as investor sentiment has been so poor towards the brand since it went public."

"Perhaps it might be better returning to its former status as a privately-owned entity."

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a bit worrying! I work at St Athan and have seen the amount of work they’ve done converting an aircraft maintenance hangar into a production facility. That must have cost a fortune!

That’s true - but was the IPO document honest enough..

I read it and decided AM wasn’t for me - others thought differently but may now be wondering if they’ve been hoodwinked

That’s true - but was the IPO document honest enough..

I read it and decided AM wasn’t for me - others thought differently but may now be wondering if they’ve been hoodwinked.

I don’t believe the economic landscape for AMs products has changed that much in 12 months

Well the thing is if Aston Martin share buyers think this a great company ,they will buy more at the much lower price and then when the shares go up they will be in profit quicker.

if they were overpriced nobody would have bought them. A sale needs two parties.

You do know how the city boys, and girls, are encouraged to buy these new IPOs don't you...

Well the thing is if Aston Martin share buyers think this a great company ,they will buy more at the much lower price and IF the shares go up they will be in profit quicker.

Corrected that for you..l

Hi,
Living in Abu Dhabi amongst some very rich people that like their toys - we don’t see many Aston Martins on the roads here.
Upon speaking to some friends who own Ferrari’s, Lambos, McLarens, Mercedes AMG GTs etc.(natural competitors to Aston Martins) - they all mention that they find the Aston’s too bland and that it’s difficult to tell each model apart!
I think Aston Martin have lost their way a bit and need to think their model strategies more carefully.
I also happen to think that lately - McLaren are also a bit guilty of the same thing when it comes to some very similar models that are difficult to tell apart!
Cheers
Steve

Since the DB7 they've all looked pretty much the same.

Apart from the new DBX.....which looks like pretty much every other Yummy Mummy wagon...

Hi,

Upon speaking to some friends who own Ferrari’s, Lambos, McLarens, Mercedes AMG GTs etc.(natural competitors to Aston Martins)
Cheers
Steve

Don’t MB supply engines to AM and own shares in the company?? Funny old world innit.
IMO Aston trade a hell of an amount on the Bond connection. They need to realise that it’s been about a million years since the DB5 and DB6 were released.

Hi,
Living in Abu Dhabi amongst some very rich people that like their toys - we don’t see many Aston Martins on the roads here.
Upon speaking to some friends who own Ferrari’s, Lambos, McLarens, Mercedes AMG GTs etc.(natural competitors to Aston Martins) - they all mention that they find the Aston’s too bland and that it’s difficult to tell each model apart!
I think Aston Martin have lost their way a bit and need to think their model strategies more carefully.
I also happen to think that lately - McLaren are also a bit guilty of the same thing when it comes to some very similar models that are difficult to tell apart!
Cheers
Steve
Well , since Daniel Craig is finishing off a current commitment, he might be just the chap to star in some advertising for them .

I can’t do the link thing but in the motoring section of today’s internet Daily Mail it’s reporting that Andy Palmer made £35.6 million when he flogged a load of his shares!!

Quite scandalous, especially as he was given his equity stake FOR FREE.

share price now £4.75, down 75% in a year.

Tantamount to a fraudulent IPO. Alot of the city boys, and girls, have some explaining to do.

Quite scandalous, especially as he was given his equity stake FOR FREE.

share price now £4.75, down 75% in a year.

Tantamount to a fraudulent IPO. Alot of the city boys, and girls, have some explaining to do.
it’s benefit in kind

The IPO prospectus was full of warnings about the risks ...

Folks in the City have no explaining to do unless they acted illegally. If they had, the lawsuits would have started already.

it’s benefit in kind

The IPO prospectus was full of warnings about the risks ...

Folks in the City have no explaining to do unless they acted illegally. If they had, the lawsuits would have started already.

I used to work in the city so I’ve seen what goes on...

I read the ipo and didn’t invest. But the city folk bought in, stuffed our pensions etc with a stock that has collapsed in 10 months.

Andy Palmer’s former employer isn’t exactly squeaky clean either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom