Aston Martin.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
He can afford to go after extracting £30m+ on the IPO

That is not any sour grapes - but he did nothing for that money except make rather bold predictions

It is unfortunate that AM are launching probably their most decisive and key model at a time of massive global recession

When a major exec from Mercedes Benz AMG is installed after Mercedes Benz makes an investment into the company, it can mean only one thing, and that is that he will facilitate the sale of Aston Martin to Mercedes Benz.

Couldn`t agree more , wouldn`t been seen dead in a "dog" like this :

006-aston-martin-db11-1 by Kenny Niven, on Flickr

K
g
Me neither.. if it were the only supercar I could own, It's probably OK buying a current Aston Martin to add to your collection of supercars but if buying one new 2020 model as your only luxury car there are better options out there. Don't get me wrong they are gorgeous but they have fallen behind and are currently playing catch up.

With the help of MB they will probably survive.

An MB kit car (parts bin special) to sit along AMG?

I don’t see what MB gets out of it - anyone else?

Same as what BMW gets out of Rolls Royce and VW gets out of Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti

Horrid cars, purchased shares in Aml recently in the 20s, currently 44p.

Did you think they were horrid when you bought the shares or just when they hit 44 pence?
I’d have thought the fact whether they’re horrid or not has got nothing to do with buying their shares and making money.

An MB kit car (parts bin special) to sit along AMG?

I don’t see what MB gets out of it - anyone else?
A current luxury brand, and a non-Germanic dimension. Maybach struggled as a stand alone brand, I suspect Aston Martin branded cars engineered by Mercedes might do alright.

Can't be that long ago. The IPO was only 2 years ago.

Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc is a British independent manufacturer of luxury sports cars and grand tourers. It was founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford.

Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc is a British independent manufacturer of luxury sports cars and grand tourers. It was founded in 1913 by Lionel Martin and Robert Bamford.

Right. But I'm assuming that you bought shares in them sometime between 2018 and now, and that you're not a silent partner from 1913.
I mean, I've heard crazier things on this forum 🤪

I guess Rolls Royce is doing ok under German ownership

Reactions: 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom