Astra VXR ULTRA MEGA Detail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Snore Snore Snore and more snores.

Better than going round mugging old ladies............
But having said that...........
Its just beyond my comprehension how anyone can be THAT fanatical over a car. You would never drive it anywhere. You would be so frightened of getting a stone chip or horror of horrors - involved in a prang.

Someone should pour a tin of anti-climb-paint over it, that would keep him happy for hours :D

I read the previous story and this one with a great deal of interest. The level of detail is astonishing and when finished the car looks amazing. There are only two pages worth reading, after that it is just replies from the other forum members.

I was particularly impressed with the chrome covers he had made for the engine bay components and boxes, it's given me some ideas... :)
...and looking at the amount of detail, he may well do this for a living and charge a hell of a lot more than that. this reminds me of the veyron detailing that they showed on top gear.
Where do you think he borrowed that wax in the Swarovski box from? IIRC he knows the bloke that detailed the Maserati on Top Gear a few years ago.

He isnt using mineral water.. he is using Reverse Osmosis water.. basically pure H2O.. I have a reverse osmosis machine at home, we have a huge saltwater marine aqarium you have to produce pure h20 inorder to correctly produce the aqarium water.

So.. simply.. he is washing his car with pure H2O, which wouldnt contain impurities such as copper you'll get out of a hot water tap in your house, and no minerals. Also advisory DO NOT DRINK THIS WATER.. on the machine?

Takes about 2 hours to produce 50 litres.. goes through 3 filters.. particle filters and carbon filters..

Purely an obession though.. I get bored after throwing a bucket over my car!

Last edited:
Where do you think he borrowed that wax in the Swarovski box from? IIRC he knows the bloke that detailed the Maserati on Top Gear a few years ago.

ahh yes, it was a maser MC12 wasn't it? I saw pics of a guy doing the same to a veyron somewhere else on the net.

I'm very impressed myself. hey, we've all got to have hobbies and with that level of detail, he could earn a fortune down in london one would think.

.. he is using Reverse Osmosis water..

.. DO NOT DRINK THIS WATER..

why not? what's wrong with drinking RO water? does it leech minerals out of the cells or something? creates a high diffusion gradient?

I can imagine it would be pretty tasteless mind :)

dave

Older children and adults CAN drink water after going through RO treatment. In fact its better for you than hard water. The only proviso is that if you drink RO treated water that is made from seawater, it should be remineralised with lime etc to give a neutral PH balance. RO treated seawater without remineralisation is slightly corrosive (caustic) and will etch metals.
RO treated, or in fact, ANY treated water (RO or softened) must NEVER be given to infants of babies under 2 years old due to their immature kidneys not being able to cope with the chemical imbalance.

There you go! I didnt know why it had the drinking advisory on it.. All the RO I produce comes is mains water supply.. Otherwise I just use neat seawater in our aquarium.. :)

Seems spelling aint a detailers strong point - all that work and the Tunning (sic) lets it down

22052008401.jpg

I've not read the thread concerned, but all things are relative. It may "only" be an Astra in one persons eyes, but to someone else an MB would "only" be an MB. A Veyron is still "only" a car, in the eyes of someone who sees cars as a means of going from A to B.

Am I more enthusiastic about the MBs I drive today compared to the Vauxhalls I drove when I first passed my test? Not at all. I was equally proud of them, and enjoyed owning them just as much - ironically I spent most of the day every Saturday caring for them even though they were, I now spend next to no time!!

He's clearly passionate about Vauxhall's so the latest limited edition Astra is towards the top of the must have Vauxhall pile.

If I had the time, skill, inclination, money* required I'd do the same.

* Delete as applicable :D

Note he is not using wing protectors to fit the chrome bits - if he was as comitted as he seems he would do without thought

Guys clearly got issues with time / life and priorities

not only is it an Astra, it's a white Astra with go faster stripes on it :D

Bobby Dazzler said:
I've not read the thread concerned, but all things are relative. It may "only" be an Astra in one persons eyes, but to someone else an MB would "only" be an MB. A Veyron is still "only" a car, in the eyes of someone who sees cars as a means of going from A to B.

Am I more enthusiastic about the MBs I drive today compared to the Vauxhalls I drove when I first passed my test? Not at all. I was equally proud of them, and enjoyed owning them just as much - ironically I spent most of the day every Saturday caring for them even though they were, I now spend next to no time!!

He's clearly passionate about Vauxhall's so the latest limited edition Astra is towards the top of the must have Vauxhall pile.

If I had the time, skill, inclination, money* required I'd do the same.

* Delete as applicable :D

Yeah, but you heart's very much on your sleeve where Vauxhalls are concerned, so you don't count ;) :)

WTF!!! I thought this was a wind up!

Whatever floats your boat though...

Older children and adults CAN drink water after going through RO treatment. In fact its better for you than hard water. The only proviso is that if you drink RO treated water that is made from seawater, it should be remineralised with lime etc to give a neutral PH balance. RO treated seawater without remineralisation is slightly corrosive (caustic) and will etch metals.

Yes and no ...

I also have a reasonable size marine aquarium , and have a 5 stage RO maker ...

You can drink the water provided that you spur off before it goes through the de-ionisation resin. Why ? I have no idea , but RO-Man ( UK's biggest supplier of RO makers ) says so ...

General concensus on the reef forums is the same , i have actually tried some of mine after it has been through the DI pod , and it isn't very nice ... :eek:

my browser must have got bored downloading all those pictures, will try again at home,

slag him off if you like, you cant knock him for trying, this is how people rise to the top of their game by going that extra mile, he certainly isnt a jobsworth and we all know how much we hate them,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom