Astral projections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
This may sound a bit odd, but I'd like to have a couple of guardian angels fluttering gracefully above my car as I drive along. Ideally they would be animated, holographic projections, rendered in a sophisticated, classical style; nothing tacky, you understand. I would need the projection equipment to be discreet, and it would need to work whether the roof was up or down (and obviously not interfere with its operation). It would also be good if the images could be re-configured for special occasions; at Christmas, for example, it would be nice to be able to project Santa and Rudolph.

I had in mind something mounted underneath the sills, on motorised arms that would swing out while the car was in motion and project the images upwards; I'd imagine the remaining apparatus would be mounted somewhere in the boot. However, I'm having a devil of a job finding anything suitable online. Also, I'm not even sure whether it's legal to give the appearance that a car is being watched over by guardian angels or followed by airborne festive figures. There's no specific legislation to prevent it that I can see, but I fear it may be covered by some obscure element of the Construction and Use Regulations that governs lighting systems, for instance.

Any assistance/advice greatly appreciated, as usual, particularly if anyone has already achieved this.

Not at all. I've seen something similar that gave the impression that the car is being chased by horses, but that was just a prototype and only worked by bouncing the images off buildings. Things must have moved on since then.

I'd like this too. I'd project an image of a fillet steak in front on my bonnet and I could chase it....

I'd like this too. I'd project an image of a fillet steak in front on my bonnet and I could chase it....

I like your thinking. In your place, I'd have gone for a charging bull, but you've clearly cut out the middle man.

I'll have what you're smoking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom