At last! I collected my (red) C63 AMG !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Well after a few problems, mainly with the MB computer system forgetting I had ordered the Designo leather dash which meant an extra 7 week wait, I finally collected my new C63 AMG from the Stuttgart collection centre on Monday.

I was a little bit worried about my choice of colour - Fire Opal Red - however as soon as it was driven through the collection centre doors my worries went away, it looks great in the flesh with the dark windows, contrast alloys and the brushed aluminum roof bars. Not to everyone's taste I agree, but a little bit different to the black and silver ones!

Anyway, after 635 miles here are some photos - taken on my iPhone so sorry they are low quality. The Designo leather dash really lifts the interior up to a much better level than the standard C63.

The Performance Pack Plus adds another 30BHP and a much better free-revving engine - certainly more noticeable over the standard C63 I had on demo for 4 days, it revs instantaneously and picks up very quickly indeed, not that the standard C63 was slow mind! This pack also adds uprated brakes which include the red calipers, which go quite well with my colour!

Also, by pure co-incidence - Palmballs C63 was also ready for collection at the same time as mine, so we met each other at the factory on Monday and done the tour together, and had a good natter too! Good to meet you Palmball :D

photo.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_7.jpg

photo_8.jpg

photo_9.jpg

photo_10.jpg

photo_6.jpg

photo_12.jpg

photo_13.jpg

photo_11.jpg

Regards,

Matt.

Last edited:
^ no pics ?..... aaarrggghh

Working now?...odd...

Looks nice, what extra designio bit did you choose, I'm colourblind but inside doesn't look that much different.

I like it.

Last edited:
That looks fantastic - love the stitched dash :cool:

Love to see it in the flesh one day, after the DTM of course ;)

Enjoy!

Will

Congrats ! :thumb:

WOW it looks fantastic! Red suits the C63 very well. Would love to see some pics of your Designo interior. :)

Enjoy the new beast.

EDIT: Just noticed the interior pics, it looks amazing. :cool:

Last edited:
Very Nice! I love the matching coachwork and calipers:D
How often can you get the discs to match???:p
Glow, glow, quick quick glow....:eek:

Lovely looking car! That's a great colour choice, really stands out! :)

WOW!! What a great looking car, colour realy suits it :thumb: (Are those tints legal!!) :D

love the matching red exterior and calipers

Very smart! Whenever I see a car described as having "full leather interior" I always feel that should include the dashboard, yet it so very rarely does.

WOW!! What a great looking car, colour realy suits it :thumb: (Are those tints legal!!) :D
I think the tints are legal as the front windows are factory standard tint I believe..??

Well if they are not then too bad - nice motor though..!!! :thumb:

Thanks for the comments, I am really pleased how it turned out!
The tints are a standard factory option so are road legal, but are very dark!

Didn't think I would like the estate version but it looks lovely - congrats and enjoy..!!!

hi Matt,, this looks spectacular.. damn, i feel AMGs sometimes look better on the estate body shape than the saloon..

love the colour.. mini hot rod ;)

Hi Matt, you beat me to the first review!

Good to meet you too; I hope you're enjoying the C63 as much as I am (I'm just so glad to be back in one - it seemed like ages ago that my other one went on to its new owner!).

I've got to concur with your comments on the dash - it really does make such a big difference to the interior ambience. :D

It's also interesting to hear your comments about the difference that the PP+ makes; I'd got so used to the E250 CDI that I'd been driving for the last couple of months that I've forgotten how my old one drove. But it definitely does seem to rev more freely; in fact it swings round so quickly at the top end that if you've got it in manual mode you've got to be quick to change up to stop it smacking into the limiter!

No pictures from yet I'm afraid; since getting back at 2am on Tuesday morning, I've had the car PDI'd and registered, had the front bumper protected with Paintshield (getting it done before any stone chips can damage the pristine paint) and had the back windows tinted (as MB don't offer a factory tint on the saloon :dk:). I'll take some pics tomorrow!

Matt (or anyone else with a new C63) - can you please do me a favour and do a quick test for me on your car for me? There appears to be a couple of noticeable differences in how the gearbox performs in sport mode compared to my previous C63.

Firstly, if you have it in sport, the new one always reverts to comfort mode every time you turn the car off and start it again. The old one used to stay in sport permanently (if thats what it was in when you turned it off). What does everyone else's do?

Secondly, again in sport mode, when it changes down from 2nd to 1st gear (at 10mph or below), it does it with quite a noticeable jerk. Again, this did not happen on my old one which was much smoother when going into 1st so is anyone else experiencing this? (Incidentally, when I select 1st manually, it is perfectly smooth and only seems rough in sport mode).

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom