At Last

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As I've stated before, I have a large B service coming up, followed by a standard A then another large B over the next three years. Local recommended indy is £120 cheaper over the three years at current prices than a service plan, so I went for the plan. I may have spent more cash over the three years but I can pay in instalments and get Mobilo.

As I've stated before, I have a large B service coming up, followed by a standard A then another large B over the next three years. Local recommended indy is £120 cheaper over the three years at current prices than a service plan, so I went for the plan. I may have spent more cash over the three years but I can pay in instalments and get Mobilo.

That makes perfect sense. Though in the OP's case, the next service is Service A (presumably with no additional items), and starting a Service Care plan with a Service A obviously isn't such a great idea - under the plan the next service will cost ~£450 which is more than what he was quoted for an individual service.

Looks like it would makes sense for the OP to start a plan with the service after next (Service B plus brake fluid, and potentially also other items) .

It depends on the load on the axle. That 6.2 engine must weigh a fair bit.... even if the block is made of alloy.
I better check the sticker inside my fuel cap again in case I have misread it in my C63

Reactions: 219
Ah, servicing. I remember those days, the workshops, the bills, the extras that only come to light during the service!!

(current car doesn’t have a service schedule at all ;))

I've booked it into MD for this Friday £376 for service A .....that have confirmed it's all that's needed as it had a complete health check less than 7K ago.....
At least it'll be peace of mind with warranty just in case.... :rolleyes:

I've booked it into MD for this Friday £376 for service A .....that have confirmed it's all that's needed as it had a complete health check less than 7K ago.....
At least it'll be peace of mind with warranty just in case.... :rolleyes:

Just to say that the 'health check' is neither here nor there when it comes to scheduled servicing.

Certain times need replacing at certain intervals regardless of condition.

But if your next service does not involve any additional scheduled items on top of the Service A, then that's all you'll be charged for - comprising of an engine oil and filter change, and a few inspections. The whole thing has around 50 minutes (from memory) allocated to it according to WIS.

Just to say that the 'health check' is neither here nor there when it comes to scheduled servicing.

Certain times need replacing at certain intervals regardless of condition.

But if your next service does not involve any additional scheduled items on top of the Service A, then that's all you'll be charged for - comprising of an engine oil and filter change, and a few inspections. The whole thing has around 50 minutes (from memory) allocated to it according to WIS.

I did get them to confirm all that is needed is a Service A

I will of course share my Friday experiences with you all ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom