At what fuel price would you consider a more fuel efficient car?

At what fuel price would you consider a more fuel efficient car?

• never

Votes: 60 28.4%
  • £5/litre

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • £3/litre

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • £2.50/litre

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • I already have done

Votes: 82 38.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Both the local Shell garage and Esso garage are out of fuel since this morning... :(

As reported elsewhere, the Old Brompton Road Shell was fine yesterday afternoon. Not sure whether that's still the case, though. You can call them on 244 5900 to check, but they've just closed so you'd need to wait until 8am tomorrow.

A turbo gauge. Thats fantastic. Aim for the red zone and f*ck the speed limits....

I had one of these in my Saab 9-5 Aero HOT.

Interesting idea and quite satisying to see the needle move to the max as you nail it and hear the audible results of a fast-spinning turbo.

tbh i'm not bothered about fuel prices either, my combined overall average in my M5 is 13.5mpg :devil:

as said above 'am i bovvered' :D

infact lookin to add one of merc's 63 AMG to the collection too:bannana:

ps i love my smileys:p

tbh i'm not bothered about fuel prices either, my combined overall average in my M5 is 13.5mpg :devil:

as said above 'am i bovvered' :D

infact lookin to add one of merc's 63 AMG to the collection too:bannana:

ps i love my smileys:p

C63 good idea - Clarkson got down to 5 mpg on the track although i've not seen less than 15 mpg on mine but i've not driven it on a track...........YET.

C63 good idea - Clarkson got down to 5 mpg on the track although i've not seen less than 15 mpg on mine but i've not driven it on a track...........YET.

nope it was the E63 AMG 08 plate

anyway went test drove it loved the car BUT it wasn't £20k more car than my M5 also things did't really work out so

i'll be keepin my M5 for a couple more years and reconsider then:)

I had my diesel really low MPG wise here

305970_10150762174804359_745444358_11541706_746300887_n.jpg

One in three....

A C63 might get into the gallons per mile scale :D

One in three....

A C63 might get into the gallons per mile scale :D
I think someone needs to sit down and explain some stuff to me but I really don't see why a C63 would be particularly bad at this type of activity. A large capacity V8 will take a hill or two in its stride without having to break sweat, unlike a lesser-engine.

Every now and then at the traffic lights I like to make my "opponent" work a little harder than they expected - I set off gently and simply match them for speed. They are typically taking a wheezy 4-cylinder up to the redline before changing and I am gradually wafting up to speed without busting 2k rpm. I am certain that they will be getting much worse economy than me!

Surely everyone remembers the Top Gear trip around the track, M3 VS Prius? The Prius used more fuel than the M3.

I think someone needs to sit down and explain some stuff to me but I really don't see why a C63 would be particularly bad at this type of activity. A large capacity V8 will take a hill or two in its stride without having to break sweat, unlike a lesser-engine.

Every now and then at the traffic lights I like to make my "opponent" work a little harder than they expected - I set off gently and simply match them for speed. They are typically taking a wheezy 4-cylinder up to the redline before changing and I am gradually wafting up to speed without busting 2k rpm. I am certain that they will be getting much worse economy than me!

Surely everyone remembers the Top Gear trip around the track, M3 VS Prius? The Prius used more fuel than the M3.

AC63 is not an M3. Whilst a C63 would power up this hill, there are twists and turns which would require harsh breaking and power.

I reckon, bouncing off the first and second gear limiters up here would the way to rock as you'd be on full attack, and the MPG would be really ****.

AC63 is not an M3. Whilst a C63 would power up this hill, there are twists and turns which would require harsh breaking and power.

I reckon, bouncing off the first and second gear limiters up here would the way to rock as you'd be on full attack, and the MPG would be really ****.
Yes but you're not forced to "power" up the hill, you could tootle up it and there is torque right from the start on a C63.

Would a C63 even make it up, given that peter Mansells CLK-55 couldn't.

Yes but you're not forced to "power" up the hill, you could tootle up it and there is torque right from the start on a C63.

Why would you drive like a poof when you could have fun, unless that is you are saying the C63 is for poofs.

I've been in two, personally as a passanger, and I'd say they need a fair bit of revs, then they go, rather nicely
Would a C63 even make it up, given that peter Mansells CLK-55 couldn't.

Go lease on for £500pm and you can tell us, you'll have a right laugh telling us.

Go lease on for £500pm and you can tell us, you'll have a right laugh telling us.

It doesn't burn black oily gloopy **** producing the carcinogenic **** they used to clean out of chimneys in Victorian times and it doesn't smell of garlic.

Good luck with that persuasion!

It doesn't burn black oily gloopy **** producing the carcinogenic **** they used to clean out of chimneys in Victorian times and it doesn't smell of garlic.

Good luck with that persuasion!

Have you seen the DPF thread, its a right bundle of laughs.

No DPF, and parked here and even at £1.44 for a litre. Does the shed care...

Nah

460171_10150778903824359_745444358_11606859_176504567_o.jpg

I have today changed my car today from a C320 CDi to a CLC 220 CDi because I am spending to much money on fuel.

I've gone from a Mondeo ST TDCI where you could rag it all day long and still averge above 40mpg from the tank or drive it like a fart and get 55+mpg to a c 350CDI which at best has done 52mpg on a 200 mile run but does around the low to mid 40's normaly

I'd struggle to make fuel economy a priority when buying a car, and I'd struggle to sell a good car for the sole reason of fuel costs.

I'm not saying I can afford the fuel prices, but the view I take is that if I'm not doing many miles there is hardly any difference to be saved in having a more fuel efficient car.
However, I also take the view that if I was doing a high mileage, while it may be costing more I couldn't spend a lot of time in a horrible, slow, noisy diesel.
Either way, I can't allow the price of fuel to make me go for a more fuel efficient car, as having a decent car with decent performance is a requirement for me.

I have today changed my car today from a C320 CDi to a CLC 220 CDi because I am spending to much money on fuel.

What was the cost to change and how many miles do you do a year ?

:D Just bought at 320 V6 to compliment my 1.8 Primera, methinks I am going the wrong way in the economy stakes, but it's FUN. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom