ATF Change on my E class :) wow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

After my car was found to have the coroded oil cooler pipes its had new ones fitted and a ATF change with filters.

WOW what a difference, its probably just been getting worse over time I guess and towing the van probably finished it off last week :) losing the fluid was making the gearbox slip.

Well now its like a different car, much much smoother gear shifts. On the way home I had to overtake a tractor on an A road with a short gap to get out...in. wow it just went.......

Ok the Brabus box of tricks helps but it felt very quick from 20mph to 50mph (the roads speed limit)

Managed 40mpg also having a few blips of the go pedal..... looking forward to taking it to europe soon.

It didn't make any odds on mine at 45k really - probably more a pyschological benefit.

It made a huge difference on my previous Saab 9-5 Aero at 60k though.

Strange.

^ mines on 130K but does have a FMBSH so without looking back I don't know when it would have been done.

Its great :)

Hmm, never then is my guess.

It's like you've been given a new gearbox though...

Yes it like a new car, much much smoother.

Previously you almost felt the gears clunk on each shift. I even used the tiptrinic mode just to change gear a few times and give it some beans :)

Anyone thinking of getting it done I would recommend it,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom