Atf change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sean2e0saf

Car
C220 w204
Anyone have any ideas what im looking at for a dealer atf service on my c220 w204 2007

I thought about doing it myself but dont have the level check dipstick

Cheers all

You can get the dipstick cheaply on ebay, it's really not a difficult job. I did mine last year

Dealer cost - OUCH. Indie cost - still ouch, but not as bad. On a 2007 car I'd look for a recommended local indie. Haven't had my 08 C220 done, but did have the previous S203 C270 done by an indie, it cost about £150.

Yes that's what i thought to be honest.. i might order the bits n do it all myself....

I'm not familiar with the 7G as I do not own any cars that use it. However AFAIK it does not have a dip stick tube so you might just need to fill to the top of the pan.

In any case, as the newer do not have torque converter drain plugs, it would be better to do a fluid exchange through the transmission cooler lines. Drain a liter , add a liter.

I think a 2007 C220 will still have the 5 speed box rather than the 7 - my 2008 C220 does! I may be wrong, but I have a suspicion it's the same 5 speed box as the W203, where a box and filter change is about 4 1/2L of ATF, getting clever and also doing the torque converter increases the required ATF to about 7L.

5G requires MB 236.10 or higher
7G requires MB 236.12 or higher

I'm not familiar with the C220 as it was never imported to the US. The 7G came out in 2004 MY and was used in just about every car imported to the US after then with the exception of the AMG models, V12 models and the diesels.

I've had this 2006 211 E320 CDI estate for about five weeks now and have just embarked on 'operation 211 drain'.

I've got all genuine Mercedes parts re filters, seals, bolts etc and Comma fluids for the following:

Engine oil drain and renew and oil filter and copper washer replaced.

Brake fluid drained and renewed.

ATF G7 drained, and renewed, pan dropped and filter replaced, seal renewed and new bolts.

Power steering fluid and filter renewed.

Coolant renewed.

Air conditioning filters renewed

Air filter renewed.

I had a quote from my local Mercedes dealer of £330.00 inc VAT just for the automatic transmission work.

So I'm booked in at a Bosch Service Centre.

But I still haven't got my power steering filter and I don't know if there's an in-line fuel filter.

Can anyone help with info on these filters?

I thought about getting the power steering fluid from a local factors but they can't seem to work out which filter I need. Either the one with the seal or the one without the seal. I've given them my VIN and registration but they just give me the two options.

Is there anything else I should consider having done while I have the fluids changed?

I should be doing it myself but with ten-year-old modern technology I'm challenged.

Hi.

Don't forget that temperature of the atf has to be at 80 while measuring at least on w203 .you will need star or another diagnostic to do it, I did it with icarsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom