ATF change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aded

Car
W204 C180 2012
Hi all, am looking at changing my ATF oil and filter myself, but my problem his how to jack all the four wheel up to level.Hope it will be easy.my car is w204 c180 2012.
Any advice well come.

Hi all, am looking at changing my ATF oil and filter myself, but my problem his how to jack all the four wheel up to level.Hope it will be easy.my car is w204 c180 2012.
Any advice well come.
Buy a 3 ton Jack so you can lift the front by the front jacking pad in the middle under the engine and under the rear diff to lift the rear .
Or drive onto wheel ramps at the front and then lift the rear up (or vice versa )

Or , drive onto wheel ramps at the front and then reverse on to the rear wheel ramps :cool:

I got 4 ramp and 2 hydraulic jack, 2 tons and 2.5 tons, may be I will drive front to the ramp and use 2 hydraulic jack to lift the back at the jack point and put wood or axle stand to support it.

I drove up two ramps at the front then jacked up the rear a bit at the time. I then used wood under the axle stands to get the right height and checked to make sure it was level.
Getting the car up high enough is the hardest part of the job.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I went under the car removed the cover and had a look at the transmission sump, it look simple.I think I will do it myself the only thing I need is torque wrench for 4nm, I got 2 but they both above 4nm.I will use my Aldi pump, all look good.

Hi Pete, Aldi pump to pump the transmission oil.

When I did the atf change in my old R230 'box I used an Aldi pump to put the new fluid back in, the pump was brand new and not used before and, with the correct adapter from eBay, worked fine. I just clamped the plastic tube to keep the fluid in whilst I ran the box up to the correct temp then removed the adapter to drain off the excess. Easy peasy!

I used a cheap transfer pump from eBay , you can see the sump adapter and the plumbing isolating valve
3B0A9CDA-1A1C-4EA1-9DBA-30FD9D736284.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom