ATF Flush on a W220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bladerunner2125

Car
S320 W220 2002
Has anyone done an ATF flush on their W220?

Anyone know which is the best ATF to put into this box, other than Mercedes Branded, in my last car an E39 I found I could get the exact same ATF from Audi for half the price of BMW?

Its cheap enough from MB , wouldn't risk other not worth it

I have just done it on my clk a208 which has the 722.6 gearbox.Got the atf from mercedes think it was atf 154.
When i went to do mine it was a bit of a pain, the sump drain plug had been well damaged.
I thought no problem going to drop the sump will drain it there. Wrong one bolt useless abd one snapped off when went to undo it.
I would but new bolts from mercedes when u do it they dont cost much, plus the genuine fitler and seal.I got 11 litres of atf and just had enough. You get about 4 lts from sump no diff drain plug on mine so u need to put what ever comes out back. Then follow the pipe from the gearbox on drivers side to the union, need 17mm and 19mn spanner to undo.
Start engine and run 3lts out into bucket then put 3 lts new back in. Do this until it runs out nice clean red, took me 3 times

I bought fluid from Miller oils. If it has the MB spec it shouldn't matter where it's from.

Managed to pick up a service kit for the Transmission including Filter, Gaskets and 10 litres of Comma ATF MB Spec, for just over £60 from my local supplier, booked car in for an Oil line and sump method flush on Monday said it would be an hours labour £45 will see how it goes, have been getting abrupt change ups from second to third when box is hot.

Hopefully all goes well
50 quid savings.....personally wouldn't take chances
Once did gear box oil change on w140 with Mobil oil (mb spec) it fried box within 2000miles
Never again different then MB oil for me

Hopefully all goes well
50 quid savings.....personally wouldn't take chances
Once did gear box oil change on w140 with Mobil oil (mb spec) it fried box within 2000miles
Never again different then MB oil for me

I asked about compatibility, they told me that the Comma ATF is the same spec as the Merc branded ATF, Mercedes wanted £170 for the same service kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom