att all s class owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zerocool

Car
vr6 rallye
there is a recall out which is affecting s class mercs regarding the drainage hole on the heaterbox situated in the engine bay.
if you open your bonnet and look in the right hand corner of the engine bay,you should see a plastic grill/mesh cover about the size of a ice cream tub lid.
this is the air intake for the heater motor,if you carefully remove this mesh you should see a rubber bellow which allows water build up to drain out,very often leaves and mud seen to accumilate here blocking up the rubber bellow,thus not allowing water to drain out and causing water ingress into the cabin and causing all sorts of wiring problems.

to cure this all you have to is remove the bellow and cut the end back about 5mm so the opening is larger,whilst your in there remove any build up of dirt etc that might case a blockage.
only takes 5 mins to check,more often than not you could find the box 3 inches deep in water.
your car may already have had the recall at pdi,but its worth checking anyway.

Which series of S-class does this effect? Is it the current model or previous?

I had this happen to my s class......I have also had all sorts of problems with CD player, telephone and brakes...are you aware of any other known problems?:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom