Attaching Mirror (Glass) to Motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gordini_2003

Car
Mercedes C220CDI
Hi All,

This must be the most over asked question but I can't find anything, only references to there being posts so please excuse me.

Basically I clashed wing mirrors the other day, no damage to either car but the glass and the plastic it is attached to popped off of the motor section. I can see that there must be a method for attaching it but have pulled m hair out trying to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a C-Class W203 model.

Thanks all,

Gordon.

W203 C Class 2001 Wing mirror bulb replacement

Hi

Sorry I dont have an answer to this but I am also struggling to find information on a related issue - does anyone know how to obtain and replace the integrated wing mirror bulb strip? The driver side has failed.

And as with gordini_2003 , my off side mirror is also become detached from the motor and I too am unable to resolve that, the mirror is just holding on to the plastic but a hard door slam ensures it comes out. It doesnt seem anything is broken but I just cant work out how the mirror stays connected to its plastic back plate.

thanks

Have just procured a 2001 e320... and am fast making friends with the owners of breaking yards! :)

I don't know about W203's , but on W201 , W124 and others , the glass has a plastic moulding on the back which just clips into a matching fitting on the motor unit - it just needs lined up , then with a firm pressure it should just 'click' into place .

Maybe your clips are broken ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom