Attack of the C63s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cb1965

Banned
Car
N/A
Just an observaton, but taking notice of performance AMG/Mercees as I do now it is incredible how many C63s I see on the road whereas other performance models are a heck of a lot rarer (CLs, SLs, CLSs ec.)

I knowthat the C63 is a current model, but the disparity between the numbers seems enormous. Great that Mercedes are doing so well with the car, but what has it got that other models don't? I presume that whilst still reassuringly expensive it is a good bit cheaper than other AMGs?

I'm intrigued as looking at the specs it seems to tick a heck of a lot of boxes in terms of performance combined with practicality and I do like the way it looks.... might have to go for one in a few years when my SL is too old to drive hard (which it maybe already LOL!).

Are they as good as they look?

Mercedes promoted it very very hard to get sales figures to rival BMWs for the M3 - this was mainly through the finance promotions in recent years, sales numbers were not huge in 2008/9. It was the 'entry level' AMG so will always be produced in larger numbers and be more affordable.

And it is also a great car. In terms of performance for the money it is a relative bargain!

S

I suspect the C63 is hugely profitable/ overpriced at MB UK list price.
C 63 AMG Saloon £57,275.00
C 63 AMG Edition 507 £67,270.00
How else could they discount them so heavily and still make a profit?
With a C250 AMG SPORT PLUS coming in at £33,595 I find it hard to believe a V8 engine, a few brake tweaks and a different body kit is going to add up to £23,680! :rolleyes:

Another question then could you turn a C250 in to a c63 for 23k?

Tony.

Of course not...an individual cannot enjoy the economies of scale of a manufacturer. But G's point is well made.

Ask yourself why a 220cdi is cheaper than a 270cdi...absolutely everything except a tweak on the software is the same.

It's marketing.

supply and demand some people need the frugality of the 220 while others like the extra oomph of the 270 but it is good business though.

Tony.

And it is also a great car. In terms of performance for the money it is a relative bargain!

Yeah, and please don't stone me for syaing this, but it sort of reminds me of the Impreza from 15 years ago. A practical performance bargain although the C63 is a better car than the Scoob...at twice the price it should be!

Yeah, and please don't stone me for syaing this, but it sort of reminds me of the Impreza from 15 years ago. A practical performance bargain although the C63 is a better car than the Scoob...at twice the price it should be!

I agree ....but i know what i would sooner be sat in!:rock:

Tony.

They're going to be available for peanuts in a few more years.

I had a MY97 Impreza and got it to within 30 BHP of the SL. But it cost me twice what I paid for the SL to do it :crazy:

I agree ....but i know what i would sooner be sat in!:rock:

Tony.

Me too. ;)

They're going to be available for peanuts in a few more years.

Now, I'm glad you said that as I was thinking the same (judging by E9x M3 prices), what sort of money would I be looking at in two years time?

I imagined the car would have 80k , with two owners, few options and F/MB/S/H & Indie.

I think the AMG 6.2 engine is going to be the last showcase engine we will see,if F1 are going 1.6 turbo it's only a matter of time before that or derivative of will be the "big one", then on to electricity,so prices of C63's will be very low along with any large capacity lump,unless oil prices drop significantly ,can't see that happening though.

So is this a better engine than the 55K? Serious question as I really don't know much about it.

It all depends on what you are looking for as the 55k (Supercharged) can be easily modded but I like the N/A 6.2L overall especially in the C class.

The new Mercedes 63 AMG range now have a 5.5 twin turbo engine apart from the C63, I believe the 2014/2015 C63 will have a 4.0tt engine. I for one will be sad to see the 6.2l engine go but I may be in a position to buy a C63 at a reduced rate then:bannana:

Last edited:
C63's still seem to be holding there value try comparing the new price and used price for a 2009 C63 vs E63 they are not far off each other despite the lower new price for the C Class.

C63's still seem to be holding there value try comparing the new price and used price for a 2009 C63 vs E63 they are not far off each other despite the lower new price for the C Class.

I know but I have to just hope that when the new one comes out that will not be the case otherwise what's the point of anything:confused:

I have always manged to get the car I want sooner or later and if it means in two years then so be it.

I know but I have to just hope that when the new one comes out that will not be the case otherwise what's the point of anything:confused:

I have always manged to get the car I want sooner or later and if it means in two years then so be it.

It will be interesting to see what happens in terms of used values, they must surely be the most successfull in terms of UK sales of any AMG, looking at the data that R2D2 put up for DVLA registrations it looks as if the C63 had over 1000 units in 2012 alone.

That didn't get the response you hoped for, did it?

What response do you think I was hoping to get? :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom