Attacks on Ambulance Crews?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
What is happening here? Is this more common than we read? I cannot really think of a much lower form of behaviour that is calculated and sustained. This week we also saw on YouTube a grown man shouting and swearing at another ambulance crew for blocking the road with their ambulance as they fought to save a life.

It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach (no pun intended).

Paramedics 'attacked' while treating 'seriously ill' patient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They would sing a different tune if it were their mother or child etc...I don't like to be judgmental but in this case the only conclusion is they a brainless scum!

Once again, punishments are not tough enough.

I’m trying to get my head around the compute process inside these meat heads craniums.

* oh look there’s an ambulance with the crew trying to save somebody’s life.

* time to start shouting abuse at them.

* this will make me look; Big, smart, tough, clever? I will feel; better, smarter, clever.

I would like to see these morons named & shamed for everybody to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can normally get my head around even bizarre things but I too am at a loss as to why anyone would want to attack ambulance crews.

Soft target?

Agree with naming and shaming...

I was talking last week to a recently retired paramedic. He told me he'd been stabbed twice on duty, and shot once.

A friend of mine was a paramedic till he retired, but being a Glaswegian ex-paratrooper he's not someone you'd want to mess with really :D

I can normally get my head around even bizarre things but I too am at a loss as to why anyone would want to attack ambulance crews.

Soft target?

Agree with naming and shaming...
I thought I would log on here to calm down after reading a post on Facebook, obviously a bad news day . Happened a couple of months ago apparently but the police have appealed for help in tracing three young guys that attacked an 82 year old cancer and parkinsons sufferer (in Barking, Essex) and robbed him of his jewellery . Broke a number of bones in his back and he has had to be put in an induced coma .The three young bsatards were filmed laughing as they ran away. My first thought was , "they should be hung" , but the death sentence will never get reintroduced . Of course ,I should learn to be more tolerant of all the selfish evil gits we have in our society. So I revised my thinking and decided that a moderate punishment would be to let the victims friends and family flog them in public to within an inch of their lives. Solves nothing in your post Bruce , but I have given up trying to figure out "folk". Time for a beer I think.

We are now onto second generation scum , the great un-washed dont give a toss for anyone not even themselves , there is no logical reason to attack any of the emergency services and the ironic thing is that the police / ambulance + fire dept would be the first people they would call should their services be required in an emergency or even a slight drama.

No deterrent , no police , prisons at bursting point , justice system is a joke , no respect for anyone , no respect for anyone`s property or possessions so basically we , the good guys , are in the minority now and it is only going to get worse.

The latest "thing" where my mum lives is to run up the cars bonnet , kick in the windscreen , across the roof and down onto the boot for good measure just to make sure the car is a proper right off. So far there has been around 10 cars scrapped.

Rant over - Kenny

Yes I know what you mean! It's all about the ME generation.
Growing up in the West of England in the 50/60's everyone helped one another it was the thing to do and you didn't hinder the emergency services doing their jobs!-
It's a bit the same on this side in big cities.
Out in the hinterland it still retains that community spirit of old.

About 10 years ago I witnessed a tow truck get hit by a train at a grade crossing . The truck was tossed up in the air and the (driver) flew out like rag doll all busted up on the track side.
Calling the emergency services I got a immediate response even 15 mile south of the town, and the guy was go badly smashed up he was medevaced out by the fire service helicopter.
Its is then you realize that in our Western countries we have these services which are often taken for granted but rarely equalled elsewhere!
I was impressed and couldn't help draw comparison to a car crash I was in as a taxi occupant with a fellow Brit between Tikrit and Mosul !
Hit by a truck the local driver was killed instantly and my friend up front suffered a very nasty leg injury. Basically then on our own to fend for ourselves & we had to get back to Baghdad for some decent medical treatment.
Its then you realize just how lucky we are and have services that are not the butt of derision.
Yes sad but alarming as well!
Tuercas viejas

That was mentioned in the first story. He was located and has since apologised...because his neighbour died.

Yes. I read that as he was apologising about he death and not for the actual note being written and left? It shocks me that somebody actually sat down, got out pend and paper then went out and stuck this to the ambulance. A greater degree of premeditation would be harder to find......and why? He did not want an ambulance blocking his drive, whilst on an emergency call. The death of the patient seems not to have spurred his conscience more to have him try and excuse his own behaviour.

I am still truly shocked that anybody, would think to abuse our/their, emergency services, whatever the perceived provocation.

Watching the BBC Ambulance series you realise how much people take the piss and how much abuse the staff get. And they can't simply ignore the call, they have to address it.

Watching the BBC Ambulance series you realise how much people take the piss and how much abuse the staff get. And they can't simply ignore the call, they have to address it.

I've been watching that series since September.

I think there should be a strikes system. This country needs to grow a pair and cease to send help to situations which will harm will come to ambulance crews (and fire and rescue teams for that matter).

They can't always know but where there is knowledge...

Would seem to make sense on "Health and Safety" grounds when all those individuals / groups only seem interested in building sites. Where is the HSE or whatever they've renamed them to?

I was aware of this kind of thing, I believe that it started with the police and moved to firemen first.

The thing is, it will happen and no end of bleating about it on the internet will do any good, the publicity is negligible. My only (rather ineffective) advice is to make sure that you don't live among such poor quality people.

There is currently a private members bill going through the commons which would make any assault on an emergency service worker an aggravated offence the same as it would if it was a racially aggravated offence.

After that, a change in the sentencing guidelines would be nice so judges could give proper sentences instead of being hamstrung by the politicians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom