Attempted AMG theft...fuming..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparkynw

Car
BMW X4 335d MSport,MINI Countryman SD JCW, vivaro sport, nc30, cbr600rr
After just 6 weeks of joyfull ownership the scumbag maggots came knocking for my CLA tonight at 4pm in broad daylight! They came through the rear patio doors but alarm and neighbours scared them away. Thankfully my daughter had gone to a friends after school and they didn't hurt the dog, I'm torn now between getting shut to stop the chances of it happening again and saying feck you I'm keeping it and get more security. It's parked behind a hedge and we have cameras etc, they just didn't care. Police got good images so I hope they get caught soon...maggots....

Sorry to hear this news. Don't let the scumbags put you off.
Hopefully they are known to the police if you got decent footage.

Scary.....Are you sure its the car they came for?

Scary.....Are you sure its the car they came for?

:D

Screw the car , I'd be more concerned about the dogs/kids

Time to get a firearms license or move down south :rock:

Sorry to hear about this. Yet again the scum think they can take something you've worked hard to earn.

Glad your daughter was out of the house though. However this will be on your mind everytime she's home alone now. :mad:

Really hope they catch them.

Ant. :thumb:

Sorry to hear about that. Just step up the security a little if you can. Anti climb paint works really well on fences and walls they hate getting tar on their track suits.

Get yourself a couple of Canary indoor cameras, they are excellent and they give you free cloud storage, much better than some of the indoor ip cameras from currys etc.

Don't let them beat you. :mad:

After just 6 weeks of joyfull ownership the scumbag maggots came knocking for my CLA tonight at 4pm in broad daylight! They came through the rear patio doors but alarm and neighbours scared them away. Thankfully my daughter had gone to a friends after school and they didn't hurt the dog, I'm torn now between getting shut to stop the chances of it happening again and saying feck you I'm keeping it and get more security. It's parked behind a hedge and we have cameras etc, they just didn't care. Police got good images so I hope they get caught soon...maggots....

Maybe they were after the contents of the house?

Prob drug addicts after small stuff they can sell on quick for the next fix. It doesn't sound like they were 'professional'.
Daylight, hadn't noticed alarm system, nor neighbors. police may well identify them.

Deadbolts on all doors, if patio are sliding type, then bolts top n bottom so they can't lift off rail, and a bar on inside to prevent sliding.

Hope they catch them and throw them in clink.

There is a very active gang targeting our area as there's plenty nice cars around. They came for the car it's clear from the footage, witness reports and the fact that they fitted the description of another car theft that night.
We have had many nice new cars up the path and had no issues in 9 years, unfortunately we are on a main road and my bikes take up the garage so the CLA is visible albeit only just from behind a hedge running most of the length.
Neighbours saw 2 guys clocking my car on Sunday night but didn't tell us until Tuesday.
We have cameras, oak front door, good locked windows, alarm, drive way post, dog and good neighbours. We felt safe. They were in their late twenties, smartly dressed and brazen. They popped the double patio windows, touched nothing, found the empty key rack and bottled it as the alarm went off the instant the glass popped. I have no doubt they were after the car, smackheads would not bother with our house it's no easy target. They were taking to order according to cid.
After lots of deliberation and arguments it's looking like I'm going to sell it and cut my loses which is very very frustrating. However cars and money are nothing compared to my family's safety, I will get something less obviously attractive to the organised scum that take these cars. Maybe when my kids are a little older or I'll try an AMG again but for now sadly I think it's too risky as I'm out of the house a lot! It's still possible I'll keep it in a friends garage if they offer me a pittance in the dealership? No doubt they will. It is a beautiful car someone should enjoy it not hide it away...

There is a very active gang targeting our area as there's plenty nice cars around. They came for the car it's clear from the footage, witness reports and the fact that they fitted the description of another car theft that night.
We have had many nice new cars up the path and had no issues in 9 years, unfortunately we are on a main road and my bikes take up the garage so the CLA is visible albeit only just from behind a hedge running most of the length.
Neighbours saw 2 guys clocking my car on Sunday night but didn't tell us until Tuesday.
We have cameras, oak front door, good locked windows, alarm, drive way post, dog and good neighbours. We felt safe. They were in their late twenties, smartly dressed and brazen. They popped the double patio windows, touched nothing, found the empty key rack and bottled it as the alarm went off the instant the glass popped. I have no doubt they were after the car, smackheads would not bother with our house it's no easy target. They were taking to order according to cid.
After lots of deliberation and arguments it's looking like I'm going to sell it and cut my loses which is very very frustrating. However cars and money are nothing compared to my family's safety, I will get something less obviously attractive to the organised scum that take these cars. Maybe when my kids are a little older or I'll try an AMG again but for now sadly I think it's too risky as I'm out of the house a lot! It's still possible I'll keep it in a friends garage if they offer me a pittance in the dealership? No doubt they will. It is a beautiful car someone should enjoy it not hide it away...

It comes to something when these scumbags can dictate whether you have a nice car of your choice or not.
I think you are making a sensible decision as family safety will always come first. Bloody shame though.

It comes to something when these scumbags can dictate whether you have a nice car of your choice or not.
I think you are making a sensible decision as family safety will always come first. Bloody shame though.
Unfortunately part of achieving a bit of success in life brings with it the attention of the scum that we share our country with plus endless green eyed monsters. Realising that actually you can't have what you believe you deserve is quite depressing. The CID DC I was chatting too today said he'd looked at S5s for ages but decided that an A5 was a safer option so didn't bother getting what he probably deserves! Where we live is a nice affluent area which translates to an foc car supermarket to these maggots...

Sorry to hear that, sounds horrible. I live near London so almost expect it, but I definitely feel for you with the idea of your family getting in harm's way. It's why I generally try and go for more of the Q car look, but that only really works with those who don't know cars!

Sad to hear and really feel for you! Would certainly have to agree though as you say family comes first!

Sorry to hear of your experience.
If it has only happened once in 9 years is it not a bit hasty to give into them and stop enjoying something you work hard for?
I understand the family thing .
How about plenty of security lights on sensors?
Light the place up if so much as a doormouse walks by?
Have you no room to build a small shelter for the bikes and move the car into the garage?
Don't give into the Scum..
Regards

Sorry to hear of your experience.
If it has only happened once in 9 years is it not a bit hasty to give into them and stop enjoying something you work hard for?
I understand the family thing .
How about plenty of security lights on sensors?
Light the place up if so much as a doormouse walks by?
Have you no room to build a small shelter for the bikes and move the car into the garage?
Don't give into the Scum..
Regards
Thanks for all the kind words, they came in at 3.55pm broad daylight when the road was busy, we have lights/cameras etc as I'm an electrician. What I mean by the 9 years is that it's obviously in real demand to be targeted straight away. I could empty the garage and may do anyway for a smaller fast car, mine wouldn't really go in without some modification. I've had a few decent offers today from none MB dealerships, Inchcape won't even get back to me with an offer! Useless! I'm test driving a 140M tomorrow, it's ugly by comparison I know but will fit in the garage and not be such a target...

Is the CLA so much bigger than the 1-series? And are you sure that the 1-series is at less risk?

I understand that it's a stressful experience but I'm not sure you will be any less of a target with a 1-series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom