Attempted Regen with ICarsoft V2 on E250

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geoffus

MB Enthusiast
Car
E250 AMG Sport Convertible, B200, Yamaha YZF R1, Suzuki 650 Bandit.
I've just bought a new ICarsoft MB V2 for my 2014 E250, it has the popular OM651 engine.

One of the reasons I bought the reader for was its ability to monitor and regenerate the DPF, the car is not used very often nowadays as we also own a B200 which is a great car.
This is where I'm stuck, although it reads the DPF values I can't get it to do a manual regen. I know you have to get the criteria correct, temperatures, half a tank and I believe a speed of below 50kph and 3000rpm.
But I can't get it to work, the last menu to run the regen just goes round in circles and nothing happens,
Does the DPF need to have a fault present, or be nearly blocked before it will activate ? Or is there something else I am missing ?
I took a couple of screen shots to show the values, they are very low I know, but wanted to see if it would work. It also says the last correction for Ash was 43476 miles, the same as the cars total mileage of 43476 ?
Can anyone tell me how to do it

icarsoft2.JPG

icarsoft.JPG

Regen usually happens at about 80% fill. Obviously it will be higher if driving conditions didn't permit a regen to start on time.
I would also expect a 'miles since last regen' number. Do you have that?

I would expect a regen to occur approx every 400-800 miles depending on how quickly the filter fills, which depends on .... well, who the hell knows.

When a regen does start, you will just need to be on the move. The general advice is above 50mph (to achieve decent load and engine bay cooling) and if you know one is happening, keep revs above 2000rpm.
However, I've had one start reversing into my drive before! The ECU on this subject is a black art I'm sure.

If you have a lot of time to kill and a high boredom threshold, I started a DPF thread here

Hi thanks I did read that thread a while ago, very interesting and tempted to do the same.
I thought if I buy the reader I could do a regen when I wanted, the car is used for short journeys now and I didn't know if it was keeping clean.
At the moment it is at 60%, its obviously working fine but iCarsoft doesn't tell me the last time I had a regen so annoying, plus I cant get it to start one manually .
As far as I know I never noticed one while driving normally but did notice the heated screen came on recently, not sure if did because it was cold that morning or doing your regen.

I don't think rear screen comes on automatically. Probably a regen.

At this time of the year, if you ever get out of the car and the engine cooling fan is running, you know that is an interrupted regen too. There is no way an engine working normally should need the fan running when it's 5 degrees outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom