Attention all W108/W109 owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

freelance

Car
1988 Mercedes 260E
I'm writing a buyers guide on the W108/109 for Classic Cars magazine and would like some input from people who know about these cars so the guide can be as accurate as possible.

Part of our guides is an 'owners' experiences' section, where a couple of owners relate the ups and downs of owning the car in question. I'm looking for volunteers who've owned W108s and 9s, preferably for some time to add validity. As part of the style of these features we will also require a head and shoulders pic of you (it only gets used small, but it's good to see who's talking). If this aspect puts you off, please don't apply.

I'd also like to know who the two best experts are to talk to about W108/109s.

For either of the above, I'd love to hear from you, either on here or preferably directly via email to: [email protected]

Thanks
Russ Smith
Assistant Editor
CLASSIC CARS

While there are a couple of owners on here , the best place to look is via The Mercedes-Benz Club

Official Mercedes-Benz Owners Club

You will find quite a few members over there with both of the models in question , including the club chairman who has a really nice 300SEL 6.3 ( and a 6.9 as well ! ) . I also know other members who have models ranging from the 250S , through the 280SE and the 3.5 .

Hope this is of help .

Thanks for the advice. I've sent a message to the Memb Sec, but am unable to post directly on their site as it's for members only.

So still very happy to hear from anyone on this site. Please!

You might find this link useful for checking background on the various models, production dates etc. Kategorie:W108/W109/en ? Mercedes-Benz Classic Wiki - Online-Lexikon rund um Mercedes-Benz Oldtimer

and the availability of a workshop manual and spare parts catalogue from the Mercedes-Benz Classic centre.

Contakt
Mercedes-Benz Classic Center
Stuttgarter Straße 90
DE- 70736 Fellbach
Telefon: +49 (0) 7 11 17 - 30 000
Telefax: +49 (0) 7 11 17 - 30 400
E-Mail: [email protected]

W108-W109-Werkstatthandbuch/en ? Mercedes-Benz Classic Wiki - Online-Lexikon rund um Mercedes-Benz Oldtimer

W108-W109-Ersatzteilkatalog/en ? Mercedes-Benz Classic Wiki - Online-Lexikon rund um Mercedes-Benz Oldtimer

Thanks – already bagged that. A really useful site.

What I really need now is some people to talk to me about their W108/109 experiences, as detailed in my original post above.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom