Attention Dodgy advert Merc c55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I guess the ebay ad with the low price is to entice someone to leave a deposit without seeing it and never see it again?

Never a good sign on eBay when the seller has no feedback

The add matches up with the MOT details and the EPC listing, thats if the reg is correct of course

Off subject the local car auction to me has an abused CLK55 going through each week for months. Will post the reg asap.

Never seen one in gold before. Is the one one EBay at £6000 a fraudulent advert then?

I'd have the £9,000 one on Piston Heads.
It might be more expensive than that dodge-pot car on ebay, but I instinctively know (call it a hump if you like) that the PH one is a better motor. :thumb:

It's the same car, but if you offer to buy the eBay one, you'll either pay a deposit then be unable to contact the seller again, or be invited to go, with the cash on you, to a dodgy location of the seller's choice to do the deal. Either way, you will lose money and have no car to show for it.

Or do I just have a nasty suspicious mind? Well, yes, but in this case, it's justified...

Never seen one in gold before. Is the one one EBay at £6000 a fraudulent advert then?

Item location in Bournemouth, The Piston Heads advert says Western Isles??

I smell a rat too. The eBay ad appears fake, with no feedback from a new seller. The car is also priced too cheaply for it to be a genuine ad.

I have seen these type of ad's before with a seller using photos from another car in different location. It has scam written all over it.

Very tempting to ask the eBay seller why he has photos of a car located 600 miles away from Bournemouth and £3k+ dearer.

Is there no way of reporting dodgy ads to Ebay, like there is to Autotrader for example? Or maybe they simply don't care - caveat emptor and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom