Attention To Detail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MartynW

Car
No longer on this forum
Had to share this. Given that they have their name plastered all over them, would the dealer really expect me to allow this pair of awful plates on my shiny new car?

Thankfully I had already supplied my own good quality plates, but for some reason they still went ahead with producing this amateurish nonsense :fail. As I had no alternative but to fork out the compulsory £615 delivery charge, of which £25 was for plates I didn't actually need or want, I'm sad they didn't simply not bother to produce such badly-made nonsense and perhaps instead just stick a few pennies in the dealership's charity box.

IMG_0328.jpg

Yikes Martyn. :eek:

That's horrid. I also alway put my own plates on a new car. I hate the fact the supplying dealer feels they have the right to advertise their name on my car! :mad:

On principal I'd email them the pics and demand the 25 squids back.

However, sod the plates, let's see your new motor mate!!! :D

Lovely Martyn. :thumb:

What's with that scratch on the drivers door, what happened? :eek:

Ant. :D

Know what you mean but I think it's still a requirement for the plate to show the suppliers (of the plate) identity - could be wrong though. At least we may not have to put up with the ugly blue bit for much longer! The ridiculous thing of course is that you can buy a totally unadorned plate off tinternet without even supplying any details apart from an address. Nice car by the way:thumb:

Know what you mean but I think it's still a requirement for the plate to show the suppliers (of the plate) identity - could be wrong though. At least we may not have to put up with the ugly blue bit for much longer! The ridiculous thing of course is that you can buy a totally unadorned plate off tinternet without even supplying any details apart from an address. Nice car by the way:thumb:

Thanks, yes plate supplier's address and BS thingy are required. At least internet suppliers seem to understand the concept of symmetry, though :doh:

My plates just have my number and the BS number, no maker's details or country of origin just nice and clean.

I'm pretty confident that a determined policeman would find something to worry me about before he went as low as checking my number plate details in that much granularity.

A few years back the FD of the company I worked for bought a brand new E class estate. She had a personal reg, S321xxx where xxx were her initials. The Mercedes main dealer (who I won't name and shame) delivered it with S123xxx on the plates. She wasn't too happy when I pointed it out, as she hadn't noticed and would have quite happily driven around in it until Plod pulled her over..

Cheers,

Gaz

Dealer made private plate for me to change later and holes for the screwes were not where they should be. Had to use frame and drill extra holes in it, to fit the plate on the front.

Had old set from previous car but they didn't fit front holder for some reasoon. They fitted my previous SLK, so I don't know what changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom