Au pairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigSilverEstate

Car
2011 E350cdi Sport Estate, and the wife's car: 2008 Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi
Sorry I know this is not mumsnet but looking for some non mum perspectives.
Has anyone had much experience with this scheme that might have any tips to share? Have done second interviews now with two very different but lovely girls, one German one Spanish, and really struggling to make a decision. Both speak good English and seem to like kids which are the main things.

Duplicate

Last edited:
SPX said:
Go for the one with the biggest knockers.
Funnily enough that's exactly what they said on mumsnet :thumb:

German every time, It's a MB forum isn't it not a SEAT one :D

Seriously Germans do have a really good attitude to this :thumb:

We have had a lot of young voulunteers through here, and have a young child. We have found the german girls are very good with the sprog. Admittedly, I have no personal knowledge of spanish ones, except my step sister employed one who managed to accidently break a one year olds leg, TWICE.... Once by walking through a doorway with leg sticking out, then whenit was just out of plaster doing virtually the same thing. :eek:

Ask if they have any friends working in the area, tapped into the Au Pair network or have worked away from home before.

Last thing you want is to find on, say, day three is a lonely/bored/homesick/stressed Au Pair snivelling away who buggers off within a week.

Equally you do not want a party animal who disappears each evening and is crawling around in the mornings with a hangover.

Driver or non driver? Own car or needs to use yours? Much depends on where you live, worst outcome usually is a non driver/no access to car in a rural area, not just due to limited mobility in terms of shipping kids around but because you (yes you) WILL end up as her taxi driver.

Overall, stable, sensible but maybe just a bit boring is good.

We have had a number of Au Pairs over the years and whilst they were all OK on the whole not sure they helped out that much!

misleading thread title, this is not what i was expecting...

I think also you need to get critical questions into the interview.

1) If an employers husband was to make love to you would you be inclined to mention this to his wife.

The response to this would give a good indication of how long the interview may last.

Only saying...

I think also you need to get critical questions into the interview.

1) If an employers husband was to make love to you would you be inclined to mention this to his wife.

The response to this would give a good indication of how long the interview may last.

Only saying...

And how much you are likely to have to pay to settle the Sexual Harassment claim out of court

One of my friends has recently been perving over his Spanish Au Pair. He appears rather happy.:D

I know a bloke who thought the most important things to have in an au pair were a pretty face & perky ta tas.

He now lives in a bedsit in Streatham & sees his kids every second weekend.

Hire the fat ugly one who's good with your kids.

Get an au pair who's also handy at building work - two birds with one stone, so to speak. If you find one, in all likelihood she'll meet neilrr's criteria too.

Thank you all for the advice - have gone for the German girl in the end. As we have only spoken by skype I cannot report on the matter of knockers and it would probably be legally actionable if I did so once we have met in person!

only 18 now 19/20 replies.....had to laugh like a drain was reading the 1st post mmmm thinking ..then 2nd post knockers....my god that tickled me....ha ha :D:D

this could run and run and get a bit tasty...ha ha...or is it me ???

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom