Audi A4 vs motorcyclist in Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not sure she actually hit the bike at all, and certainly not before the lad fell off it, but there was a clear intention to hit him. It would be interesting to know exactly what he did that wound her up that much, though.

A driver once tried to run me into a skip (years ago - I've got more sense now...) on my motorbike, but as a) I managed to stop just in time, and b) I had just been behaving like a complete Cnut, I felt I had nothing to complain of.

The standard of driving in Southampton was pretty shabby when I was a student there 15 years ago...I sincerely doubt it has improved.

To be honest, I couldn't tell from that whether the driver of the car had intended to hit him or just did everything she could to catch up with him as it looks like he dived off the bike before she came into contact with the bike.

Admittedly if I was the bike rider and saw a car coming at me which I had clearly had an incident with earlier, I'd have probably assumed they would drive into me too.

Does make you wonder what the biker had been doing previous to the recording though, like with all road goers, there are some shocking bike riders around.

Indeed , but according to one witness statement the Audi driver opened her door to block the bikers path as he filtered down the outside . It is unknown whether anything happened before that .

Bloody bikers!!!!!!

Indeed , but according to one witness statement the Audi driver opened her door to block the bikers path as he filtered down the outside . It is unknown whether anything happened before that .

She's obviously unaware that filtering on a bike is perfectly legal and decided to stop him by opening her door, highly dangerous in itself. No doubt the biker gave her a few words of advice, but to accelerate around the wrong side of a traffic island into oncoming traffic to get in front of, or ram the bike is crazy. I suspect a jail term may be on the cards for her.

Russ

I suspect a jail term may be on the cards for her.
I hope so. Using a vehicle as a weapon is appalling behaviour.

As has already been said, it looks like the rider attempted to "bale out" before there was any impact (wouldn't you, if you thought you were about to get your leg crushed?), but the video seems to show clear intent on behalf of the Audi driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom