Audi A6 Avant 3.0 Bi TDi Quattro Black Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any pics?

I'm seriously considering either a Bi-Turbo diesel A7 or A6 next.

Hopefully Red will have some, I have barely any of mine. :(

Any pics?

I'm seriously considering either a Bi-Turbo diesel A7 or A6 next.

We drove this one Lee, although we're going with the estate rather than the saloon. But these are hard to come by and it took 2 weeks to find us a car to drive.

Vehicle View - Audi S6 4.0 TFSI quattro CoD - Walton-on-Thames

Forget the diesels and the RS models Lee. Look at the S6 and S7, it's the sweet spot of the range. Power and comfort.

That's a lot of car for the money!!

That's what's drawn me to them.

Even brand new with options and custom paint I can buy an S6 Avant for £56K.

That's effectively a Bentley GT Continental Estate (all the same running gear) for £56K, it's an absolutely bargain.

Forget the diesels and the RS models Lee. Look at the S6 and S7, it's the sweet spot of the range. Power and comfort.

Did you not fancy the E43?

Next car will be diesel I'm afraid, I'm doing a lot of motorway mileage at the minute and will be doing for at least the foreseeable future.

Did you not fancy the E43?

Next car will be diesel I'm afraid, I'm doing a lot of motorway mileage at the minute and will be doing for at least the foreseeable future.

Yes I was interested in the incoming E43, I'm not sure I like new shape having seen them in real life. Photos looked great but the reality was a bit meh...Inside they are great though.

What draws me to Audi is the ability to customise their cars for sensible money.

For £2600 I can paint the S6 any colour I like as long as it's not a 3 part process.

Mercedes want £15K to do that if I could even find a dealer willing to arrange it for me. The paint colour of the car is quite important for me, I realise it doesn't really bother a lot of people.

Yes I was interested in the incoming E43, I'm not sure I like new shape having seen them in real life. Photos looked great but the reality was a bit meh...Inside they are great though.

What draws me to Audi is the ability to customise their cars for sensible money.

For £2600 I can paint the S6 any colour I like as long as it's not a 3 part process.

Mercedes want £15K to do that if I could even find a dealer willing to arrange it for me. The paint colour of the car is quite important for me, I realise it doesn't really bother a lot of people.

What colour are you thinking Alan? You don't strike me as the kind of person to go for Katie Price Pink! :D

It is quite strange how in the modern age where "choice" is one of the big drivers that Mercedes are so limited in their colours, also the dark interiors are particularly off putting, it's one of the reasons I like JLR who have a wide range of options.

My XFR:

Last edited by a moderator:
What colour are you thinking Alan? You don't strike me as the kind of person to go for Katie Price Pink! :D

Bentley Burnt Orange Metallic.

This colour:-

1_zpsdflsp2dz.jpg

Love that colour, is there a similar range for the interior? Are you going to tone it down or carry on with the theme?

Love that colour, is there a similar range for the interior? Are you going to tone it down or carry on with the theme?

Black inside. I think the contrast works nicely.

Originally we were thinking of darker exterior and light interior but what you can do with the interior is limited. Specifically you can't trim the dash due to the amount of tech on it, retractable screen etc.

I might get some orange piping or stitching, but it won't be overkill, the exterior colour is enough.

This is our daily car which gets dogs, luggage and stock from work in and out of it daily. That puts me off a light interior on this car. We have porcelain Leather in the SL and in that car it works, but I think it wouldn't be a great choice for a daily considering what it gets used for.

So we decided to go strong on the exterior colour.

Light interiors aren't as bad as what people think, I thought my children would make a mess of the Jag but it's been no better or worse than usual, it gets a good clean once a month and it still looks great.

At least you know where the dirt is on a light coloured interior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom