Audi A6...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

Have Audi done something to the A6 recently?

It looks very very nice. I saw a black one, looked in standard spec and it looked mean. It shifted too. 2.7TDi

Hi Donza,

I agree, I very nearly bought one 6 months ago. I was feeling flush and saw a nice 4.2 Quattro for £25k with 6k miles. I ended up with an BMW X5.

If I weren't for the W211 I am sure this is the car I would have bought after the X5. I quite like these new A4's and if it weren't for the W204 it probably would be my next car.

Is it a quattro, A proper audi must be 4WD

Yes thats a Quattro.

I have a 51 Reg A4 quattro. I hope the interior build quality has come on a lot. My interior began chipping away 6 months into ownership.

Has never failed on me though. Even started 8 months after the thermostat had failed on it.

Yes thats a Quattro.

I have a 51 Reg A4 quattro. I hope the interior build quality has come on a lot. My interior began chipping away 6 months into ownership.

Has never failed on me though. Even started 8 months after the thermostat had failed on it.

The press seem to say how good the interior quality is on Audi's. :eek:

My only experience of an Audi was a test drive of a Q7 3.0Tdi S Line. A peice of cabin trim fell off and it painted a grim picture of the fit and finish inside. Still its engine and gear box were fab and you wouldn't know it was a diesel :D

I find Audi A6 seats uncomfortable............but that may be just me..;)

This one (old shape) seemed nice - but check out the fifth photo down: looks like the steering wheel is trying to leave the car!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A6-4-2-V...rms=39:1|66:2|65:7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1308

Its nice. I like that the wheel can be pulled far out, means its nice and close from optimal control. Its the one criticism of the W211, the wheel doesn't quite come far enough out for a proper driving position so my legs are tad closer to the pedals than I wanted and my arms not quite as bent as I wanted. Its better than the BMW I had, but not perfect.

Its nice. I like that the wheel can be pulled far out, means its nice and close from optimal control. Its the one criticism of the W211, the wheel doesn't quite come far enough out for a proper driving position so my legs are tad closer to the pedals than I wanted and my arms not quite as bent as I wanted. Its better than the BMW I had, but not perfect.

I daresay it's an illusion (well, I hope it is!) but the wheel doesn't look in any way in line with the seat

No. It's just just a little bit too....... red.

I like it in red, looks sporty. Remember the Top Gear game of airport challenge, where they have to convince someone that they really need that item they've just picked up.

We could do a similar thing, MBClub eBay challenge where I have to talk you into buying that bright red car. (personally I don't see how its a dud)

I like it in red, looks sporty. Remember the Top Gear game of airport challenge, where they have to convince someone that they really need that item they've just picked up.

We could do a similar thing, MBClub eBay challenge where I have to talk you into buying that bright red car. (personally I don't see how its a dud)

Looks like you're doing a better job of talking yourself into it then :)

I bought an A6 2.7 TDi Quattro S-Line 3 months ago and its fantastic :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom