Audi A8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh thats good just nice to see a good car still around :)

Why couldn’t you get on with the E55?

I think in truth I had become spoiled by driving more modern machinery.
I had lusted after an E55 for many, many years and had owned a S211 E320CDI but the experience was for me a let down. Don't misunderstand me the performance of the car was epic and the looks, the looks ! I still believe the S211 to be the best looking saloon on the road.
I guess it was the ancient auto gearbox mated to a circa 600hp powerplant that really niggled me. I much prefer the A8 with it's 8 speed auto that has you through the gears without you really noticing. Of course it's not as fast but how often can you really use all that power without fearing for your license.
I am pleased the car has gone to a good home (it is a really special car) and have read Pat's thread on it with great interest but it just wasn't right for me.

I think in truth I had become spoiled by driving more modern machinery.
I had lusted after an E55 for many, many years and had owned a S211 E320CDI but the experience was for me a let down. Don't misunderstand me the performance of the car was epic and the looks, the looks ! I still believe the S211 to be the best looking saloon on the road.
I guess it was the ancient auto gearbox mated to a circa 600hp powerplant that really niggled me. I much prefer the A8 with it's 8 speed auto that has you through the gears without you really noticing. Of course it's not as fast but how often can you really use all that power without fearing for your license.
I am pleased the car has gone to a good home (it is a really special car) and have read Pat's thread on it with great interest but it just wasn't right for me.
Cheers. A case of never meet your hero’s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom