Audi Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QUTSELL

Car
Mercedes C180
Yet again Two bloody idiots in an AUDI they are my favourite drivers who think they are better than any others on the road. So A13 coming up to the Tesco flyover at Vange, traffic comes up the slip to join the main road going towards Basildon, we are doing around 60, so as cars are joining the main we have to pull to the right, go down the road and pass the joining cars, look in the mirror nothing there, but for some reason, I did not indicate to start to pull left nearside,I kept in the offside lane, Stirling Moss up the inside I just caught the car as I was going to move over, I look at the driver who for some strange reason was making strange right-hand movements to me. He then took off at a very fast rate of knots, I guess he was in a rush to make the toilet ?.

Not just Audi`s i am afraid , i was undertaken yesterday by an M3 doing at least 70 in a 30 , straight past a park that was busy with families coming and going.

Some idiots just dont care , should something have happened then there was no way he could have avoided anything straying onto the road.

Time and a place for everything but on that road at that speed in those conditions that was not it.

K

In and around bazzo I think it’s more likely illegal activity an Audi is racing away from then a need to use the facilities 😂

It is an awful slip road that one, like most of them connecting to the A13.

In and around bazzo I think it’s more likely illegal activity an Audi is racing away from then a need to use the facilities 😂

It is an awful slip road that one, like most of them connecting to the A13.
When I used to drive for a living, I hated the A13 with a passion; trying to join it from any number of those poxy sliproads in an 88bhp van with 1000kgs of freight in the back could be a nightmare.

When I used to drive for a living, I hated the A13 with a passion; trying to join it from any number of those poxy sliproads in an 88bhp van with 1000kgs of freight in the back could be a nightmare.
Awful road! Even worse now with 40mph speed limit and average speed checks 😡

traffic comes up the slip to join the main road going towards Basildon, we are doing around 60, so as cars are joining the main we have to pull to the right,
It's a road I barely know so I could be completely misunderstanding what you're saying here. Is this slip road entry to a main road different from all the other slip road entries in the country in that those entering from the slip have priority over vehicles already on the main road? Aren't there any dotted lines across the slip road to tell drivers that they have to give way? If that's not the case, why do you, on the main road, "have to pull to the right"? Could the offending Audi have come up the slip road with the correct intention of merging in with traffic on the A13 and then get frustrated by traffic unnecessarily sitting in the outside lane?

Yet again Two bloody idiots in an AUDI they are my favourite drivers who think they are better than any others on the road. So A13 coming up to the Tesco flyover at Vange, traffic comes up the slip to join the main road going towards Basildon, we are doing around 60, so as cars are joining the main we have to pull to the right, go down the road and pass the joining cars, look in the mirror nothing there, but for some reason, I did not indicate to start to pull left nearside,I kept in the offside lane, Stirling Moss up the inside I just caught the car as I was going to move over, I look at the driver who for some strange reason was making strange right-hand movements to me. He then took off at a very fast rate of knots, I guess he was in a rush to make the toilet ?.
He maybe thought that you were going too slow and hogging the middle/outside lane.

I use that road regularly and as a lot of it is elevated combined with the many left hand entry slips and 40 mph average speed it is just prudent to stay in the middle lane.
He said he was doing 60.

I use that road regularly and as a lot of it is elevated combined with the many left hand entry slips and 40 mph average speed it is just prudent to stay in the middle lane.
Ah right, maybe he was a ginger then?

I fear the Audi, especially ageing A3's are the current yob transport of choice. For them a bit more class than a Ford.

Ah right, maybe he was a ginger then?
Do gingers drive badly then?

Piss taking about hair colour: fine.

Piss taking about skin colour: prison.

Weird eh?

(No, I'm not ginger).

Do gingers drive badly then?

Piss taking about hair colour: fine.

Piss taking about skin colour: prison.

Weird eh?

(No, I'm not ginger).

DRF was referring to a post I made about Gingers on a different thread.

It's not about taking the piss out of Gingers, I am not making this up but I have a actual phobia of gingers. Mental I know.

DRF was referring to a post I made about Gingers on a different thread.

It's not about taking the piss out of Gingers, I am not making this up but I have a actual phobia of gingers. Mental I know.
Thanks for explaining 👍

Exposure is the way to overcome a phobia 😉

I think its the 'type' of car more than an entire brand. The following almost ALWAYS 'misbehave' on the roads at the wrong time:

* VW Golf R
* Audi S3/RS3
* Mercedes A35/45 AMG
* BMW M135/M140
* Audi RS6 (hit and miss with this one. Depends how often his little friend gets laughed at)

I'm surprised that I find many M3/M4 owners behaving sensibly these days 🤷‍♂️

I think its the 'type' of car more than an entire brand. The following almost ALWAYS 'misbehave' on the roads at the wrong time:

* VW Golf R
* Audi S3/RS3
* Mercedes A35/45 AMG
* BMW M135/M140

And of course all the above lower engine "wannabies"

The power of a Clarkson comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom