AUDI?? dealer? tows breakdown vehicle with new unregistered vehicle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yachtman

Car
clk 320cdi
I was leaving the M6 this evening @ j13 having been following a slow beaver tail brake down vehicle. when I got in front,it was being towed, by the vehicle below!!!

note the black webbing strap hooked to the o/s tow eye, & towed vehicle in the lower mirror.

"Oh yes sir we have done those miles during the PDI"

Attachments

• 27082009652.jpg
    27082009652.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 27082009653.jpg
    27082009653.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 310
I would if I had seen a red number plate, went round r/bout to try & get it, but no luck

Its towing a Mercedes Sprinter though isnt it? :(

No No..............You have got it all wrong!..............It was the Mercedes Sprinter PUSHING the Audi, using a patented Stiff Push/Tow Rope ;):D

Oh my god you are not an argos driver are you daf LF45?

Lynall

Apart from the obvious towing issue, i can't see a trade plate on the back of that Audi. Surely it shouldn't even be on the road?

You'd be pretty desperate to tow a van using a A3 Cab, surely they would have some old smoke lying around they'd use to tow it with. Better off using an old A8 V8 TDi or something.

You'd be pretty desperate to tow a van using a A3 Cab, surely they would have some old smoke lying around they'd use to tow it with. Better off using an old A8 V8 TDi or something.

Its a Sprinter with the space for one car on the back. If they had the choice im pretty sure they wouldnt have used the A3 as a 1st choice.

So was the A3 on the back of the Sprinter origionally and they just happened to be double crewing the Sprinter. The Sprinter obviously ran out of fuel - A Mercedes failing to procede, never. I'm sure management at "Owdoo" have "interviews without coffee" going on right now.

Oh my god you are not an argos driver are you daf LF45?

Lynall

Argos yes, instructor, out that day in one of the few MAN 7.5t we have.

Just wondering if the tow vehicle belonged to a subbie, as was rather old for main dealer equipment, however the audi was driven by a very smart showroom dolly. Clocked her id badge, but was distracted from reading the name!

The sprinter was probably transporting the Audi until it broke down .

As above , pretty silly thing to do .

Distracted by what may i ask:D

I bet the van wasnt to heavy maybe 2.5 tons? not forgetting most cars middle size cars are over 1.6 tons.

We have the argos trucks come into us for repair and i vividly remember one coming past the workshop door with a driver pulling a wheelie, as he hit the concrete ramp at way to fast a speed and quite literally took off.

Lynall

Last edited:
Argos yes, instructor, out that day in one of the few MAN 7.5t we have.

Way off-topic I know..........but is there a strong demand for HGV drivers, of various classes?

I sometimes wonder about learning myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom