Audi drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saff

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDI W246 B180 CDI Sport
Apologies to all the decent Audi owners out there but I use the M6 every weekend and my experience is that of the many stupid drivers out there Audis seem to feature very highly in that number.

I repeat, no offence to the I would guess vast majority of Audi owners but this is my experience.

My experience is similar. BMW and I'm sorry to say it but Mercedes drivers are joining them. Usually company reps. Seems the A4,3 series C class are the new Ford Mondeo / Vauxhall Vectras of the 21st Century.

I'm yet to have a problem... although they often tailgate they don't flash etc... often wait corteously till I move over and proceed to pass...

I have driven many different types of car including Mercedes, Audi, Range Rover and Jaguar within the last year or so and feel I drive in the very same manner in all the cars.
I doubt it is the cars fault if it is driven in a selfish manner.....:dk:

Years ago, the car of choice for aggressive drivers to aspire to was always a BMW, now they seem to pick Audi's.
Also I've noticed that everytime there is any mention of drugs gangs in the news, especially when they start shooting each other, they are using Audi's too.

Russ

Recently my experience is that aggressive drives chose an Audi, but inconsiderate drivers chose a BMW. - I saw a 3-series straddling two lanes through roadworks on the M6 because they couldn't decided which lane would go faster.

Also, if a car is going to have blacked-out head- (or tail-) lights around here; it's an Audi. Probably with a large sticker saying "Dope" on it (using the Audi rings to form the letters).

Obviously it's a gross generalisation because the majority of drivers do the right thing, so you don't notice what car they're in.

Merc drivers can also be ****holes. I allowed several cars through on a restricted bit of road, and every driver thanked me, except the ******** driving the C219 who starred straight ahead as if I didn't exist.

At a roundabout, the lorry on the inside lane was turning left so I took the righthand lane to go across the roundabout. The **** in the C220 who was sat behind the lorry took umbrage at me 'jumping' the queue (what queue? There were two lanes) and proceeded to tailgate me all the way up the road. Oh yes. A 2.1 litre fourpot antagonising a 3.0 litre V6. As if...

Then again, most of my road incidents are with Audis. I leave the S Lines to themselves, but then the owners know their cars are more powerful than mine, but it is the pseudo S Lines and the 2.0 TDFIs that make me laugh. It is always a classic when I pull up at a red light letting the Audi take the outside lane. Then when the lights turn green, the Audi lurches forward only to see me leave them litterally standing as I GLIDE to 60mph. Oh what a feeling. It is usually at that point that my car will get the respect that it was built for.

I respect cars that are built to be faster or more refined than mine. If I see a Roller or a Bentley, I don't try to intimidate it, the same as if I see a powerfull Audi or BMW (and there are some nice BMWs now, such as the 6 series).

Oh, and as for Audis, I was on my motorbike a few years back, approaching a right hand turn, with an Audi on my ****, and even though I was indicating right the bar steward had the audacity to overtake me as I leaned my bike into the right hand turn, almost taking me out in the process, so my love for Audi drivers is somewhat coloured.

I think you may be right. When you see a total prat on the road, odds on it's an Audi.

Mercedes Drivers be warned.. especially if you let the missus drive your prized possession ..I drive long distance coaches and the number of females that are behind the wheel TEXTING in a merc are incredible, usually white ones.. but I've had them cut me up and I mean real cut me up and when you press the horn ..THEY BRAKE TEST YOU and that's females for you! I've even had a female in a 63 driving whilst applying her make up, no hands on the steering wheel and then wave to me and smile as I pass.
I passed an old Mazda 3 that looked pretty beat up.. the coach is governed to 62mph ..so it passed me then lifted of, I tried to overtake again and he accelerated, then lifted of.. backing into me once more.. this went on a couple of times until I closed in for the final time...only to see two lads watching the football on a Dash screen.. I could see from the cab the pitch and the "ants" (tiny players) running around..incredible bellends...

These sorts of accusations always make me cringe because they're always based on perception and not fact. For various and usually minor reasons we all get a downer on certain groups, and one of those groups is particular car models. BMWs are the most common target of complaints; when one is seen to perform some sort of misdemeanour the red mist goes up; but the dozens of Fords, Vauxhalls, Peugeots and Toyotas that had done exactly the same thing are ignored.

There's no doubt a psychological explanation for this, but I have no idea what. All I think is that it must be the same part of our brain that leads to racial and religious acrimony. Misconceptions cloud our judgements, and when those misconceptions are shared we accept them as the truth.

Illogically having a pop at BMW and Audi drivers is mostly harmless and usually just a bit of fun. It's what that tells us about ourselves that's more of a concern.

I would hazard a guess that if the driver of an Audi, has taken time out to make the Audi Rings spell "DOPE" then he/she is exactly that, a "massive DOPE"

Sadly I see little correlation between manufacturer and poor driving. It seems to affect all churches these days, including the driver of black C63 Coupe yesterday, who managed to spin through a perfectly choreographed 360 spin on the Stockbury/a249 Roundabout, then forget to thank the people who managed to avoid him as he did so. Including a lady in a people carrier, with kids who took the most fabulous avoiding action, that possibly included new underpants when she got home.

As said the driver drives the car, not the car (for now).

Well done to Audi for managing to put more of their cars out there (to the fleet?)

I admit to being bad Audi driver. My driving style deteriorated since I started commuting in S8 on M25. Got impatient with some drivers. I chastised myself for it. I'm switching to a bit slower car and will behave. I always use indicators.

I'm much more careful in SLK, simply because my survival chances are smaller if I do something stupid.

I think it's the other way around. - It's not driving an Audi (or Mercedes, or BMW, or Vauxhall) that makes people inconsiderate; it's a correlation between those people buying a particularly marque/model by preference.

As a pedestrian my empirical evidence is the Vauxhall drivers are the least likely to stop for someone standing at a Pelican crossing. - A nice man in a C220d estate stopped for me to cross today, but if I'm honest Mercedes drivers aren't much better.

A white Ford Mondeo with blue lights on the top seems to make sure that traffic in both directions stops to let pedestrians cross.

Back in 1959 Mercedes bought Auto Union the predecessor of Audi but got cold feet due to their reliance on 2 stroke engines. They then sold the company to Volkswagenwerk AG in 1964. This Auto Union 1000 was a typical example of cars produced back then. What goes around comes around as they say.;)
1280px-2007-06-16_Auto_Union_1000_%28Frontpartie%29.jpg

It does seem that these days the car bought by people who want to show they have more money than you is an Audi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom