Audi drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies to all the decent Audi owners out there but I use the M6 every weekend and my experience is that of the many stupid drivers out there Audis seem to feature very highly in that number.

I repeat, no offence to the I would guess vast majority of Audi owners but this is my experience.

It's an M6 thing.

Chris

This does seem a good time to repost this.

A Day in the Diary of a BMW Driver

"The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway! The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane. Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!
Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way. Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!
He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car. Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver’s licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me! See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW! "

This does seem a good time to repost this.

A Day in the Diary of a BMW Driver

"The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway! The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane. Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!
Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way. Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!
He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car. Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver’s licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me! See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW! "

I thought it was the German car lane? :D

Really? It used to be the 3 series but now that leasing an Audi is affordable white Audis are like tampons, and a great way to make people think you have more money than you really do.

I can't see otherwise, apart from if it's an rs, why anyone would buy one over a vw? Audis have rock hard suspension and much too wide tyres as they have to overcome the weird design decision that has the engine longitudinal and not transverse, but still uses front wheel drive.

Really? It used to be the 3 series but now that leasing an Audi is affordable white Audis are like tampons, and a great way to make people think you have more money than you really do.

I can't see otherwise, apart from if it's an rs, why anyone would buy one over a vw? Audis have rock hard suspension and much too wide tyres as they have to overcome the weird design decision that has the engine longitudinal and not transverse, but still uses front wheel drive.

You do know there's just as many cheap lease deals on MB's & BMW's (amongst others) as there are Audi's?

I doubt your point is valid.

Back on topic: Personally I don't think it matters a jot what car you drive. If you're a bad driver, you're a bad driver regardless of what you're sat in.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with all VAG diesels is they are quick, however, one of my finest motoring moments was out dragging an A6 away from a round about in my V70 D5, because they are even quicker!

However, he had to have the last word and overtook me at a ridiculous speed

I know of someone who lives near me who always seems to look down her nose at everyone else.

They had a 13 plate Audi Q5 and upgraded to a 16 plate one when they came out - albeit in one of the cheapest base colours.

Of course their 10 year old other Jap car is nowhere near the house "lowering the tone".

I can well imagine it will be changed in 2019 to keep up the image.

Makes me chuckle.

As for **** drivers, I see them in many brands of cars albeit maybe more German than anything else. Perhaps prestige cars attract that kind of person?

One thing is for sure, they are normally fitted with engines just about powerful enough to cut the grass and some hedges.

As I drove to my local DIY store earlier, which car was driven by a bell end? C220.

So not always Audi although as said, put a bell end in any car and they will drive like a bell end in it...

I know of someone who lives near me who always seems to look down her nose at everyone else....

We had someone like that at our old place , i also remember this chap from where i used to work.

One night when we were out for a walk with the kids , and whilst having a conversation with another family he came right over and without any prompting he asked if i still had the old Cavalier and without even pausing for breath proceeded to tell me he had just taken delivery of a new Audi TT.

I had seen this car earlier in the day and recognized it as the bottom of the range model , i then asked if it was the Quattro and he said sheepishly that it was just the two wheel drive model .I then asked if it was the 185 or the 225bhp version , knowing full well it had one exhaust , and he again sheepishly said the lower hp car.

He was a bit more backward at coming forward from then on.

Kenny

We had someone like that at our old place , i also remember this chap from where i used to work.

One night when we were out for a walk with the kids , and whilst having a conversation with another family he came right over and without any prompting he asked if i still had the old Cavalier and without even pausing for breath proceeded to tell me he had just taken delivery of a new Audi TT.

I had seen this car earlier in the day and recognized it as the bottom of the range model , i then asked if it was the Quattro and he said sheepishly that it was just the two wheel drive model .I then asked if it was the 185 or the 225bhp version , knowing full well it had one exhaust , and he again sheepishly said the lower hp car.

He was a bit more backward at coming forward from then on.

Kenny

Yeah, you should have seen the look on their faces when they saw me rolling by in the CL albeit I bet they paid more for their Audi than I did for my CL!

Although it does bear an "old" 63 plate now of course.

Luckily it sits in my garage so doesn't lower the tone being so old.

I don't think Audi drivers are any worse, or better than those from any other marque.

Drivers of the more powerful Audi's, BMW's and Mercs are all capable of being idiots but none more than any other.

The kids in Corsa's, VW's and Subarus are just as bad, if not worse. Especially if they spot an AMG badge on your boot. Best to ignore and let them play on their own. That upsets them more than whipping them:D

I don't buy into this Audi drivers are c0cks/idiots thing.

However today, an A6 did pirouette in front of us on a roundabout in Barnstaple today. Luckily I was driving slowly (spare wheel on the caravan I was towing), and the lady coming the other way took evasive action, so no harm was done except for the driver's pride. However he drove away without so much as a sheepish wave or flash of the hazard lights, despite holding everybody up for a short time whilst he got on his way again.

Not sure his driving behaviour was linked to the brand of his car though.

Oh yes. A 2.1 litre fourpot antagonising a 3.0 litre V6. As if...

It is always a classic when I pull up at a red light letting the Audi take the outside lane. Then when the lights turn green, the Audi lurches forward only to see me leave them litterally standing as I GLIDE to 60mph. Oh what a feeling. It is usually at that point that my car will get the respect that it was built for.

I respect cars that are built to be faster or more refined than mine. If I see a Roller or a Bentley, I don't try to intimidate it, the same as if I see a powerfull Audi or BMW (and there are some nice BMWs now, such as the 6 series

Reminds me of this...

IMG_0093.JPG

Last edited:
The problem with all VAG diesels is they are quick, however, one of my finest motoring moments was out dragging an A6 away from a round about in my V70 D5, because they are even quicker!

But their emissions are lower.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom