Audi R8, Bentley, RR Sport and ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PS I like to think its because their... Pishwari Nans... were getting cold.

Good to know they were concerned for their grannies' well-being (but where the hell is "Pishwar"? Sound like something that might break out between drunken Scotsmen...)

And before you start MOCAS I meant their, not there in #1, line 5 - I was just fired up at the time of typing :thumb:

them sls' are common as muck - saw 3 on my hols including a convertible with the worst colour brown roof i've ever seen yuk

Daz

them sls' are common as muck - saw 3 on my hols including a convertible with the worst colour brown roof i've ever seen yuk

Daz

Incredible that there are so many in Bridlington.

I was more worried about the bloke taking photos from the driver's seat. :eek:

It isn't how it seemed - it was a partial lean over to try to capture the SLS, which still failed, as you can see.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :cool:.

What a crap post!, seems you have a problem with asians and their wealth get over it

What a crap post!, seems you have a problem with asians and their wealth get over it

What a crap post! Seems you have a problem with people complaining about irresponsible people driving like idiots in their expensive cars.

Get over it.

He doesnt have a problem with asians per se, it is the fact they coincidentally have money, drive fast cars like @rseholes and coincidentally are asian.

Let's not turn this into a racist thread.

Oh and before you get onto your high horse, I too am Asian and I abhore behaviour like this as it brings the rest of us who also drive nice cars but arent arrogant about it into disrepute. There are pillocks in every community.

Shame on you Hash :(

The roots of the post (bad driving/a collection of exotic cars/a bit of fun re the SLS) are clear.

Any racial overtone is in your tiny mind.

I've nothing else to add - I don't have time for fools.

Last edited:
Shame on you Hash :(

The roots of the post (bad driving/a collection of exotic cars/a bit of fun re the SLS) are clear.

Any racial overtone is in your tiny mind.

I've nothing else to add - I don't have time for fools.

You mention the laughing, smiling young Asian lads in the second line of your post. Its easy to see why this could have a racial overtone - that was my instinct when I read it. If the point was the cars and the driving and not the race of the drivers, then why mention it?

As a casual observer, a racial overtone is the first thing that comes to mind. Probably wise not to bring up race in a vague/questionable context like this.

You mention the laughing, smiling young Asian lads in the second line of your post. Its easy to see why this could have a racial overtone - that was my instinct when I read it. If the point was the cars and the driving and not the race of the drivers, then why mention it?

As a casual observer, a racial overtone is the first thing that comes to mind. Probably wise not to bring up race in a vague/questionable context like this.

Hello HR,

I thought the rest of line two explained my reasoning clearly, which is why I included it.

The drivers being Asian was simply a fact, as was the time of day, the photo of the cars, and the location, all designed to set the scene for the thread.

If anyone analyses enough they will read what they want to read.

Those that know me will know this isn't a race related thread and I will not be driven down that road (no pun intended) on a public forum.

Hello HR,

I thought the rest of line two explained my reasoning clearly, which is why I included it.

The drivers being Asian was simply a fact, as was the time of day, the photo of the cars, and the location, all designed to set the scene for the thread.

If anyone analyses enough they will read what they want to read.

Those that know me will know this isn't a race related thread and I will not be driven down that road (no pun intended) on a public forum.

I read your thread clearly a number of times, so understand what you're saying entirely. I just think that the mention of race was irrelevant giving the context, unless it was meant to be highlighted as the point of the thread, which it could easily have been interpreted as from the way it was written. You said it was setting a scene, so I'd ask myself, what sort of scene was it setting to mention the guys were Asian - would the scene have been different if they guys were white or black? If a journalist had written it, the PC among us would have been up in arms. As you suggest, its all in the interpretation and semantics, and in this instance, you'll understand why people could get annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom