Audi R8, Bentley, RR Sport and ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The drivers being Asian was simply a fact, as was the time of day, the photo of the cars, and the location, all designed to set the scene for the thread.

If anyone analyses enough they will read what they want to read.

Those that know me will know this isn't a race related thread and I will not be driven down that road (no pun intended) on a public forum.

I spent all of last week in Birmingham, stayed at the Mailbox but was working out in Hockley Heath area, wandered across to Perry Barr at one point too.

I'm /way/ off white, and felt conspicuously not dark enough for the place. Those of us that live in predominantly white areas (having been accused by my neighbours of "coming over here and taking their jobs" in the past) I was surprised, this was my first time in Birmingham and it's more ethnically diverse than Bradford!

I read your thread clearly a number of times, so understand what you're saying entirely. I just think that the mention of race was irrelevant giving the context, unless it was meant to be highlighted as the point of the thread, which it could easily have been interpreted as from the way it was written. You said it was setting a scene, so I'd ask myself, what sort of scene was it setting to mention the guys were Asian - would the scene have been different if they guys were white or black? If a journalist had written it, the PC among us would have been up in arms. As you suggest, its all in the interpretation and semantics, and in this instance, you'll understand why people could get annoyed.

Hello again HR,

I can see you're thinking long and hard about this and I'm at a loss as to how to help you with your problem.

There are forum rules and procedures for reporting inappropriate threads and I can only direct you towards these procedures, where others can decide my fate, because you seem determined to keep prodding me (very subtly) with your race stick, despite my reply at #38.

Report the post buddy, let's get it over with.

Asians do drive like idiots when they are behind the wheel of fast rented car... facts are facts as dhard says... :)

I can't see any racist comment by the OP. for example it's like saying the cars were driven by two women and then a woman comes along and says your being sexist...

I think it's quite clear that John didn't mean any harm by the thread so people should really chill out instead of trying to make something out of nothing.

Interesting number plates on the Bentley as well!

I think it's quite clear that John didn't mean any harm by the thread so people should really chill out instead of trying to make something out of nothing.

Interesting number plates on the Bentley as well!

Thank you Dr and BenzedUp - common sense prevails :thumb: (well, for now at least).

Last edited:
He doesnt have a problem with asians per se, it is the fact they coincidentally have money, drive fast cars like @rseholes and coincidentally are asian.

Let's not turn this into a racist thread.

Oh and before you get onto your high horse, I too am Asian and I abhore behaviour like this as it brings the rest of us who also drive nice cars but arent arrogant about it into disrepute. There are pillocks in every community.

Dinna forget NW Merc too John.

I'm in the camp of NW, Dr Nab, BenzedUp and others who support you. As you say - Someone get the post reported if they think there are overtones which need addressed.

Dinna forget NW Merc too John.

I'm in the camp of NW, Dr Nab, BenzedUp and others who support you. As you say - Someone get the post reported if they think there are overtones which need addressed.

Yes, thanks John and NW - an oversight on my part.

John

You have my support.

There is only one thing worse than an actual racist (I do not believe that you are) and that is someone who tries to infer someone is by manipulating something done or said for an ulterior motive.

They are the ones with the real problem about race.

John

You have my support.

There is only one thing worse than an actual racist (I do not believe that you are) and that is someone who tries to infer someone is by manipulating something done or said for an ulterior motive.

They are the ones with the real problem about race.

Very much appreciated LTD, thanks.

I read your first post with optimism that someone wouldn't wave the race card at you John.

Some people really just can't help themselves though, everyone gets offended at the drop of the hat. Are you allowed to describe the cars? Ooh, can't say Audi, BMW might get offended....

I'm with you John!

I read your first post with optimism that someone wouldn't wave the race card at you John.

Some people really just can't help themselves though, everyone gets offended at the drop of the hat. Are you allowed to describe the cars? Ooh, can't say Audi, BMW might get offended....

I'm with you John!

Thanks Lee,

In reality the race angle has become, as Shakespeare would have said, much ado about nothing.

Seeing as I agree with and support John on the way some of this post is unfolding. That makes me a racist too in the eyes of some forum members.

Best get me reported too.

I dont see any racism in this thread. The Asian reference was descriptive and used to set the scene. i dont see that it was used with malice or in a derogatory way.

Perhaps i'm too thick skinned or something...:dk:

if it inadvertently offends and everyone is in agreement to bin it I am happy to send the thread to the black hole.

if it inadvertently offends and everyone is in agreement to bin it I am happy to send the thread to the black hole.

It's the 'inadvertently' part that is the problem.

Nothing can be construed as deliberate if there is no intention.

Fabrication of offence is the real issue. Probably at legal level too as it could be seen as a defamation of character.

Maybe things were better when Sid James loved his neighbour. I'm sure that there were less real-time racial issues when the offended PC brigade were still having **** scraped from their nappies.

People are people and we are ALL different. If they cannot accept this then they should go somewhere where their beliefs and ideologies are the accepted mainstream.

I had a feeling this threat would end in tears.
Fact is John, you had the temerity to say at the outset that the perpetrators were Asian lads.
From that point on, in everyone's mind's eye, you were not talking about three lads driving dangerously, you were talking about three ASIAN lads driving dangerously.
Sadly, that's where the thread went wrong - but I hasten to say that I for one do not consider in any way that the post was racist.
But it was only a matter of time before it went the way it did:wallbash:....

From that point on, in everyone's mind's eye, you were not talking about three lads driving dangerously, you were talking about three ASIAN lads driving dangerously.

Not everyone - just the offended minority.

These 4 lads were ar5eholes and were treating the public road like a private racetrack.

That was the problem. Vehicle type and skin colour nothing to do with it.

However, a very valid point was raised during this thread. People who flag up the racist card pander to be offended. That is sad, very sad.

Most of us couldn't give a toss what colour skin a person has. It's what people do that offends.

I had a feeling this threat would end in tears.
Fact is John, you had the temerity to say at the outset that the perpetrators were Asian lads.
Sadly, that's where the thread went wrong - but I hasten to say that I for one do not consider in any way that the post was racist.
But it was only a matter of time before it went the way it did:wallbash:....

Hello Mercy,

I said they were Asian lads because they were, er, Asian lads :doh: - it couldn't be any more simple to grasp.

Read from #43 onwards and see if these members are part of the "everyone" you speak for.

As I said earlier, if you analyse anything hard enough it will say what you want it to say - are you judging me by your own standards I wonder :dk:?

Since when did the term "Asian" become racist? Don't see anything wrong with the post if you ask me...

Get a grip guys, far worse going on out there then to talk about some chavs with either too much money or credit who happen to be....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom