Audi RS4 (B7) Avant: Spotted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Proper wheel and wheel arch combo going on there - none of this sleeper nonsense :thumb:.

Last edited:
I personally think merc and bm (and audi for that matter) could learn something from the older rs4s, you don't need to halfordalize your performance cars just some fat arches needed :)

I found these to be a bit of a let down in the real world. The B5 was a more exciting drive, and the niggles and issued it suffered from meant that the S4 was always snapping rather too close at its heels.

Great car but...

1. Coking issues mean power is never 420
2. Horrendously expensive to maintain
3. Wear very badly on the interior

Had mine for 2 yrs, only thing it ever needed was the oil cooler pipes replaced

Main dealer did that plus a service for £800 so wouldn't say it was expensive to maintain?

Had mine for 2 yrs, only thing it ever needed was the oil cooler pipes replaced

Main dealer did that plus a service for £800 so wouldn't say it was expensive to maintain?

I went to look at over 25 examples a couple years ago ranging from £18k to £25k and not one had less than £10k in bills for a year. Problem after problem with vacuum leaks, oil leaks. Brakes were a big expense. I specifically would have wanted CCB's anyway so that's no biggy.

For me it's a sad case of I will likely never get to meet my dream of owning one.

The scariest thing is the lack of care of the ones I saw. They were just sheds.

I went to look at over 25 examples a couple years ago ranging from £18k to £25k and not one had less than £10k in bills for a year. Problem after problem with vacuum leaks, oil leaks. Brakes were a big expense. I specifically would have wanted CCB's anyway so that's no biggy.

For me it's a sad case of I will likely never get to meet my dream of owning one.

The scariest thing is the lack of care of the ones I saw. They were just sheds.

Surprised at that, mine was a 2 previous owner car and in the 2 years I'd owned it serviced it twice, 2 MOTs with no advisories and 1 oil cooler pipe, thats it. Had about 35k miles on when I sold it to a dealer for about 25k. They then flipped it for about 30k a few weeks after! So there are some good ones out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom