Audi rs6

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kinaero, Apr 10, 2014.

1. kinaero

kinaero Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
    My current car lease isn't due to run out until next year! Already I am thinking about my next car :doh:

I set my mind on an AMG over 4 years ago, but each time when I due to change my car, I also change my mind as well, because I want to pay off my mortgage, so I ended up choosing a lesser model.

BUT hopefully next year it will be paid off, having heard my neighbour's E63 started up, and rumble away down our street, it was music to my ears, but if I could hear it in my house in broad daylight, what's to stop my neighbour got woken up at 5-6 am in the morning if I have my own AMG!!

Having watched numerous RS6 vids in Utube, I am slowly warming up to it.
    I think that might just be the car for me :confused: :eek:

1 person likes this.
  2. Giantvanman

Giantvanman Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
    Go and stand in the naughty corner.;)

3. The Boss

The Boss Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    private!
    RS6 - my neighbours old car.. amazing... just sold it after owning it since 2003... and has the new RS7... ouch...

no naughty corner when you hear the growl.. oh my days!

4. tuonopepper

tuonopepper Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    GLC250 AMG Premium Plus. Bike: Triumph Speed Triple 94R.
    RS6 Avant, just an amazing car without shouting about it by over the top appearance.

5. evdok

evdok Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
  6. astamir

astamir Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    w208 silver clk55
  7. Conquistador

Conquistador Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2012 S350L BlueTec
    Can't beat quattro ;)

And that 4.0 TFSI engine Audi have put in the new S6/S7/S8/RS6/RS7 (and also in the new Bentley GT) is absolutely incredible. Turns a big German lump into a rocket ship.

Take a look at this for proof:
    [youtube]4J4Jy4yJE1E[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  8. V12

V12 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S320CDI LWB
    Mercedes E63 AMG S 4 Matic 2013 585 ps vs Audi RS…: http://youtu.be/f3DdQYV_MOI

No doubt the E63S 4matic is a faster car but a lot of journalists report the RS cars with the 8 speed zf is quicker in the real world just because of that amazing box and it's responsiveness.

9. prprandall51

prprandall51 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi
    I have been looking at the RS6 for some time now and plan on ordering one as soon as the MY15 colours are announced (in a couple of weeks).

After ten years in a 211 and being delighted with it, the natural choice would be an E63, but the lack of a tow bar, the garish body styling and the weird, clumsy interior styling have scared me off. I really don't know what market Mercedes are aiming for with their current styling cues.

What really won me over, though, is the much more advanced tech in the Audi: cylinder-on-demand (which converts the V8 to a V4 under light load to save fuel), noise cancelling technology for when you don't want to hear the V8's drone (and rev-controlled valves in the exhaust for when you do) and an Infotainment system that leaves Comand Online for dead.

For real-world driving, of course, the 4WD is the icing on the cake. Why MB don't offer it in RHD is beyond me (it's like the star on the bonnet, it's all down to the Marketing Department).

10. John

John MB Club Veteran

Car:
    CL500
    That's very impressive actually.

Tags: