Audi S4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Sold the wives 200 compressor and this is her new toy.
Wow is all I can say.

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 69
bit of a change going from a 200k to a s4 lol, is she going to be able to cope with the extra hp's??

0--60 in 4.1 secs 160 plus. not got anywhere near that of course

Had one.. Loved it! So sure footed... Give it a bend and stand back. :)

0--60 in 4.1 secs 160 plus. not got anywhere near that of course

Don't know about the top speed but you won't get anywhere near that 0-60 unless the power has been significantly increased.

Even a standard RS4 can't manage that time albeit close.

It's now a V6 supercharged motor 333 PS runs just over 4 secs 0-60 mph, tuned versions are as low as 3.5secs it's an awesome motor a real sleeper, so yes 4.1 is achievable but most reports I gave read out it nearer 4.5 with an average driver

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

It's now a V6 supercharged motor 333 PS runs just over 4 secs 0-60 mph, tuned versions are as low as 3.5secs it's an awesome motor a real sleeper, so yes 4.1 is achievable but most reports I gave read out it nearer 4.5 with an average driver

Still quick though and sure footed with quattro............

Google says 0-60 is 5 seconds on these which sounds more realistic?

Audi's own website suggests 5.0s.

That sounds more realistic to me.

Performance Maximum speed 155 mph
Acceleration (0-60mph) 5 secs
Max torque 440 Nm
Max torque imperial 324.54 lb/ft
Cubic Capacity (cc) 2995
Power (ps) 328 Consumption

JohnEBoy said:
Audi's own website suggests 5.0s. That sounds more realistic to me. Performance Maximum speed 155 mph Acceleration (0-60mph) 5 secs Max torque 440 Nm Max torque imperial 324.54 lb/ft Cubic Capacity (cc) 2995 Power (ps) 328 Consumption

They are not the figures I saw on Audi UK website it was 333ps and 4.7 are the official figures which are what I quoted

Id have a manual one, the auto's are weak, but 4.1 id say is very optimistic

My brother talked Chris Harris into having his S4 revo'd. Watch it go on you tube. 60 in next to nothing.

They are not the figures I saw on Audi UK website it was 333ps and 4.7 are the official figures which are what I quoted

Audi's own website quotes 5.0s, and RS4 states 4.7s, with neither of those near 4.0s mark.

Last edited:
I don't know where you guys are looking but Audi's UK website says 4.7secs and 333 ps I'm currently in Canada viewing on an iPhone or would post a screen shot

Any competent driver can take at least half a second off the manufacturers time so that gives it 4.2 and as confirmed by HB tuned ones are sub 4 second

... viewing on an iPhone or would post a screen shot

Any competent driver can take at least half a second off the manufacturers time so that gives it 4.2 and as confirmed by HB tuned ones are sub 4 second

1) You can still post a screenshot despite how rubbish iphones are :p

2) Why are you knocking off times when all we are checking is manufacturer quoted times? If modifying and comparing driver competence....anything goes....either way.

Personally I have never heard of manufacturers underscoring their own cars.
As a matter of fact, the figures they normally quote are rather very optimistic, carried out in perfect conditions or simply not true.

Any car with after market modifications will perform better than its stock, bog standard brother, but I am not sure how is this relevant.

A car at its peak.
Perfect conditions.
Professional driver.

Maybe....

In truth it's close enough, if it puts a smile on your face that's good enough for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom